Skip to content

Voidgates for Lazy People

eta: Not sure if ALL ships have the '210 marks' price... If it's higher, just adjust the script calculator to compensate. I still have the basic ship because I don't care to get a higher one.

Note: This doesn't work when on foot. It's purely for SHIP GATEWARP only, though you could probably just make a new alias if you really wanted to. I don't know what voidgates have land destinations that you can warp to, though. I just use it for quick-traveling on ship, then flying the rest of the way to the planet I wanna go to.
Supports all known voidgates, if more get added down the line I'll probably update it (provided I'm still active).
Do you hate using 'voidgate nearest' and 'voidgate destinations' all the time, to figure out how to get places? I sure do. Naturally, the lazy sod that I am, I decided to make a script to handle it all for me.
Thanks in part to @Zulah for his gatewarp starchart which helped to compile this together. Saved me time having to look through all of them. I will come out and say this likely could have been written tidier, but I didn't really feel like it. So I just wrote it in simple terms.  It works just fine as is.
To use it, simply use 'warp <from> <to>' to grab the path. If I'm going from Song and want to go to Grensuhlian, I'd do 'warp song grensuhlian'
Didn't use the 'warp go' alias, because I'm broke. It works though, I swear.

Comments

• @Maruna I found an issue with this. I haven't been able to figure out how to fix it. It's a spelling error. 

As you enter the staging area, you must chose a gate to enter. Your choices are:
    (1)  SCATTERHOME
    (2)  HREYSIL
    Use the destination's number or SHIP GATEWARP <destination> to take the intended
    gate.
    [Flakk]: It is now the 2nd of Deci.
    warp Grensuhlian Song

{warp}: Gatewarping initialised! Optimal path from Grensuhlian to Song is: 
      Hreysll -> Aleph -> Song.
    (Scatterhome): Cal says, "We're called Scatterhome after what everybody does at the end of the night when it's time for someone to pay the bar tab."
    (Scatterhome): You say, "Which by my calculations, it's your turn to pay."
    (Scatterhome): Brantar says, "That's what my calculations have come to."
    (Scatterhome): Paavo says, "My math adds up to that, yeah."
    (Scatterhome): Cal says, "Bastards."
  • The first destination is spelled Hreyll when it's correct spelling is Hreysil.
    (Scatterhome): Cal says, "We're called Scatterhome after what everybody does at the end of the night when it's time for someone to pay the bar tab."
    (Scatterhome): You say, "Which by my calculations, it's your turn to pay."
    (Scatterhome): Brantar says, "That's what my calculations have come to."
    (Scatterhome): Paavo says, "My math adds up to that, yeah."
    (Scatterhome): Cal says, "Bastards."