Skip to content

Fight Club

Comments

• edited January 2019
    Migi said:
    Have any BEASTs tried rushing down internal instead of muscular yet?
    Yes. It's not 'good'. It's like trying to rush down internal before mind as a Scoundrel. You can do it, but there's 0 hinder so you'll probably get outpaced and die. Muscular gradually pulls down internal as Beast, so it's a nice bonus.
  • edited January 2019
    Maruna said:
    Migi said:
    Have any BEASTs tried rushing down internal instead of muscular yet?
    Yes. It's not 'good'. It's like trying to rush down internal before mind as a Scoundrel. You can do it, but there's 0 hinder so you'll probably get outpaced and die. Muscular gradually pulls down internal as Beast, so it's a nice bonus.
    You can mix the two together at great effect both for your damage and hindering. Broken ribs comes from dual shot and gives muscular, which boosts internal damage. Airshot gives staggering and internal damage, and really our only true source of hinder right now (ie when combined with armvice). I end up doing way more internal damage than muscular in a fight, by virtue of the above usually. Which is just awkward.

https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/H6CuBr0A Also a log, nano v beast, soza v me.

*I should have sundered way earlier
    *He should have used breakdown 
    *Pls help musc damage is so low
  • The problem with splitting damage between systems is that it effectively gives your opponent twice the efficacy to repair the damage you've dealt. If your opponent isn't constantly mending back to above 90%, then yes its super powerful in that you get to double down on the feedback to other systems. Might be a stronger strategy in extended fights, after you've burned all their efficacy down.

That probably would've gone much further in Soza's favour if they were used wetwiring mend in that fight. 
  • It feels to me like BEAST was meant to diversify - see above on the way our abilities synergize while bouncing back and forth. And worse than that, our internal damage is WAY more efficient even if it isn't hindering at all - we just do more dps to internal than muscular, outright, since they removed limb damage. [RIP limb damage]
  • edited January 2019
    @Darios I used it a few times, but was more concerned with racing down to the Mind insta as I dont have the WW one, or id have used it there at the end. Im kinda stuck into rushing down Mindmelt at the moment which is 25% and 6 mental affs
  • Soza said:
    @Darios I used it a few times, but was more concerned with racing down to the Mind insta as I dont have the WW one, or id have used it there at the end. Im kinda stuck into rushing down Mindmelt at the moment which is 25% and 6 mental affs

You actually didn't. You were doing WW REPAIR INTERNAL, which seems to be the same as WW REGENERATE. What you want is WW MEND INTERNAL.
  • Yeah, we deal more damage to internal per attack. (Twist+Sharpen for 2.5% every 3s or Wallop for 2% ever 2.5s) but so long as spoolup exists alongside sunder requiring 50% muscular minimum I think muscular  rushing will still be better. 

Muscular feedback also feeds into mind, which although you should never get to the point where the mind damage matters, its still a more potent system then sensory.

And personally I find crippled movement a much stronger affliction than internal bleeding, more so if your opponent is a class that doesnt focus on muscular. But thats my preference, I love me that defensive smash.
  • Arista said:
    Soza said:

You actually didn't. You were doing WW REPAIR INTERNAL, which seems to be the same as WW REGENERATE. What you want is WW MEND INTERNAL.
    Oh snap, youre right. Ive gotta change that key thanks
  • Darios said:
    Yeah, we deal more damage to internal per attack. (Twist+Sharpen for 2.5% every 3s or Wallop for 2% ever 2.5s) but so long as spoolup exists alongside sunder requiring 50% muscular minimum I think muscular  rushing will still be better. 

Muscular feedback also feeds into mind, which although you should never get to the point where the mind damage matters, its still a more potent system then sensory.

And personally I find crippled movement a much stronger affliction than internal bleeding, more so if your opponent is a class that doesnt focus on muscular. But thats my preference, I love me that defensive smash.
    I'm going to try muscular again, even if it is slower. I stand firmly by working in airshot and wallop for any strategy, however; that defensive smash is even better when you have winded stuck, and armvices are only half as good if they aren't staggered, plus dualshot gives broken ribs, IE gives more damage to wallop/airshot hits. 

• Nykara said:

Breakdown? Does that not require 50% Wetwiring, and you were still at 90%? Do you mean Wireblock?
    Hi, I'm Ata. Oh and maybe some other people, too. o:) Check out my various packages for Nexus: Vuu combat system, Global Pathfinder, Slicer Tools, Ship compass, JS from command line, Vitals Tracker, and Equipment Manager.
  • edited January 2019
    RocketCat said:

Nykara said:

Breakdown? Does that not require 50% Wetwiring, and you were still at 90%? Do you mean Wireblock?

I was at 48% wetwiring at the end of that fight, my friend! Alerts don't display all the damage you receive, only if you get it from an affliction or when mend/it heals it. Sensory/mind were both doing damage to my wetwiring there. I think you're thinking of my muscular maybe? 

Also, a new log appeared. I got rekt: https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/3QzcwhiD
    discerning connoisseurs of Good Logs will note I have provided more accurate information to the prompt to help us all understand how thoroughly I am getting rekt.
  • Well didn't nanos lose ww info on analyze? Hard to tell whether you can breakdown if so. 
  • Albion said:
    Well didn't nanos lose ww info on analyze? Hard to tell whether you can breakdown if so. 
    Pretty sure they fixed that fairly quick.
  • Yeah, was fixed pretty shortly after the analyze change.
  • Nykara said:
    RocketCat said:

Nykara said:

I was at 48% wetwiring at the end of that fight, my friend! Alerts don't display all the damage you receive, only if you get it from an affliction or when mend/it heals it. Sensory/mind were both doing damage to my wetwiring there. I think you're thinking of my muscular maybe? 

Also, a new log appeared. I got rekt: https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/3QzcwhiD
    discerning connoisseurs of Good Logs will note I have provided more accurate information to the prompt to help us all understand how thoroughly I am getting rekt.
    Ah ha, you are correct! Was looking at Soza's first Analyze not his last! Wow, feedback goes faster than I thought!
    Hi, I'm Ata. Oh and maybe some other people, too. o:) Check out my various packages for Nexus: Vuu combat system, Global Pathfinder, Slicer Tools, Ship compass, JS from command line, Vitals Tracker, and Equipment Manager.
  • RocketCat said:
    Nykara said:
    RocketCat said:

Nykara said:

Ah ha, you are correct! Was looking at Soza's first Analyze not his last! Wow, feedback goes faster than I thought!
    Feedback is really strong once you get to level 2-3 damage
  • edited January 2019
    lv 53 beast v lv50 scoundrel [Hurbacious]
    https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/PCgyN4q4
    I think the cascade bug triggered here. Hopefully!

[edit] https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/g7j2FknV again, but without the bug. 
  • What exactly was he trying to accomplish?
  • I have no idea! It was his first spar I think, he was still figuring it out.
  • Not sure how to post here. I have Mudlet log in plain text. I have no idea how to put them here for you guys to see.
    (Scatterhome): Cal says, "We're called Scatterhome after what everybody does at the end of the night when it's time for someone to pay the bar tab."
    (Scatterhome): You say, "Which by my calculations, it's your turn to pay."
    (Scatterhome): Brantar says, "That's what my calculations have come to."
    (Scatterhome): Paavo says, "My math adds up to that, yeah."
    (Scatterhome): Cal says, "Bastards."
  • To be honest I had no idea what I was trying to do. I totally kept missing the text where I unwielded my PIECE and toolkit. I was mostly just shooting, trying to keep up with wetwiring and trying to remember what IEDs I have and what abilities I have to use them with. 

This was also the first time I actually used most of my aliases, so couldn't remember some of them and ended up writing them out by hand the first round. Like fling ripper at Nykara.

On the second round I was going to try and use my pusher IED to get her out so I could heal up, but I hit my popper ied alias instead.
    (Scatterhome): Cal says, "We're called Scatterhome after what everybody does at the end of the night when it's time for someone to pay the bar tab."
  • edited January 2019
  • I think that worked
  • Rkansas said:
    Ew no color, jk looked like a good fight.
  • Now that I have pastbin and can figure it out, i'll add the color. I just like plain text so I can cut everything out that isn't the fight, like had I now cut it out, the first fight log would have had an hour of bashing at the beginning becuase I forgot to turn my log on and off before the fight lol.
  • edited January 2019
    Rkansas said:
    Now that I have pastbin and can figure it out, i'll add the color. I just like plain text so I can cut everything out that isn't the fight, like had I now cut it out, the first fight log would have had an hour of bashing at the beginning becuase I forgot to turn my log on and off before the fight lol.
    You can just highlight the text in mudlet, and hit 'copy HTML' then paste on Ada's website. You don't have to post the -entire- log of your buffer.
  • Rkansas said:
    Now that I have pastbin and can figure it out, i'll add the color. I just like plain text so I can cut everything out that isn't the fight, like had I now cut it out, the first fight log would have had an hour of bashing at the beginning becuase I forgot to turn my log on and off before the fight lol.
    You didnt cut me dying to that atzaparaki in that first fight out. ;)
  • okay, that's the first. I replied and for some reason it will be posted when it's approved. How odd.
  • (Scatterhome): Cal says, "We're called Scatterhome after what everybody does at the end of the night when it's time for someone to pay the bar tab."