Skip to content

Hunting and Clone costs

2»

Comments

• I timed myself bashing nonstop for precisely 5 minutes in Saksar at level 34. And yes, I have a system and am using queueing, no lag, rapidfire, ambush, no unload.

------------------------------< Available Junk >-------------------------------
    Item Value
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    a squishy organ (#48628) 16
    a cryotube of stem cells (#48700) 25
    a collection of sinews (#53482) 25
    a length of raw hide (#53485) 15
    a single kidney (#54684) 25
    an extraction of taurine (#54688) 24
    a lump of greasy fat (#49407) 25
    a tangled heap of entrails (#55583) 25
    a detached eye (#56182) 5
    a bunch of feathers (#57600) 16
    a sheet of chitin (#57652) 13
    a clear envelope of biomatter (#2109) 35
    a clear envelope of biomatter (#4349) 8
    a polished bezoar (#35164) 20
    a cryotube of lipids (#35172) 16
    a cut of raw steak (#35173) 9
    a cryotube of a single DNA sample (#8643 40
    an extracted amygdala (#14035) 6
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Total Value 348 marks.

This will give me 187 IEDs. Going down the list, I'd be constructing rippers 18 times, producing in turn 9, 13, 13, 8, 13, 13, 13, 13, 3, 9, 7, 18, 5, 11, 9, 5, 21, 4 rippers at a time. It'll take 72 seconds (4s per batch), and then 374 seconds (2s per IED) to apply shrapnel if you're using a script and balance queues to do it (which I do). If I were to consume 96 rippers per hour — it'd be slightly higher now that I've passed L32, but let's be generous — these would last me an hour and 57 minutes.

All in all, at my level, bashing for 5 minutes nets me 187 shrapnel rippers, which cost me 348 marks and 7:26 minutes to make, so that I can then use these to bash for just under two hours.

Yeah dude. That's insane. And no other class has to factor in these kinds of calculations in order to use their core bashing skills.

The question isn't even 'is this doable', but 'is this fair', or better yet, 'is this fun, does this increase my enjoyment of Starmourn'. No on all the last two fronts.

"They are elect to whom beautiful things mean only Beauty."
    — Oscar Wilde

"I'll take care of it, Luke said. And because he said it instead of her, I knew he meant kill. That is what you have to do before you kill, I thought. You have to create an it, where none was before."
    — Margaret Atwood

• By the way, @Maruna, if you don't know what you're talking about, it's OK to just not talk. And the irony is that you like to do it in precisely the same way you criticised Wuff for, trying to condescend to people while being so sure you're right despite people who actually know better from firsthand experience pointing the facts out for you.

Learn to actually listen rather than letting your unearned delusions of grandeur do the talking.

"They are elect to whom beautiful things mean only Beauty."
    — Oscar Wilde

"I'll take care of it, Luke said. And because he said it instead of her, I knew he meant kill. That is what you have to do before you kill, I thought. You have to create an it, where none was before."
    — Margaret Atwood

• We can add shrapnel when we're constructing now. I don't think it increases balance costs.
  • edited January 2019
    You can construct IEDs directly with mods now.

150 marks an hour in order to have slightly higher dps when bashing is really nothing, at all.

Slightly more impactful at low levels but you should be able to get away with using a barely weaker reload skill just fine. Its not a core skill that Scoundrels cant play without, its a slight augmentation or choice on how you reload. Strong skills get downsides or counters, even minimally impactful ones.
  • Join the dark side of bot management.
  • edited January 2019
    Kestrel said:
     despite people who actually know better from firsthand experience pointing the facts out for you.
    Lmao. You do realise I have been scoundrel for the majority of my time playing right? What's ironic is you telling people to listen when all you're doing is bitching and whining despite proof of you being wrong being openly provided to you.
    Your "facts" are the complete opposite of a fact; your little math attempt to prove me wrong is actually in line with what I was saying. And you can attach shrapnel while creating them now, so it doesn't even take as long as you said it takes.
  • If you somehow find the junk cost of IEDs prohibitive feel free to use other reloads. Gun spin is pretty good.
  • It gets a lot better at higher level though, when you get more valuable pieces of junk and the cost of IEDs becomes a lot smaller percentage to your overall take.
  • My issue with the junk/explosive system isn't one of cost, it's more one of convenience. It's a bit of a pain if you autosell junk or forget that you're out after you sell all your condoms and spare body parts.

I'd rather just be able to make them straight out of marks, and potentially be able to specify how many marks I want to spend on them to make a set number. It's not like the skill is balanced around construction time, you have to be out of combat to use it, so... Yeah.