Skip to content

Drug trade skill: Questions

edited January 2019 in Questions and Answers
The idea of drugs as a tradeskill is what really brought me to Starmourn. In fact, Solus IC is a known dealer and even his dynasty has it as one of their specialties. 

The questions are as following:

What is the plan for drugs?

Is it going to be one time use consumables or merchandise that we can smuggle between stations and make marks off of?

Perhaps it will be like gleam with boosts to a stat while a negative to another? (I know some folks oppose this idea but it is a legitimate question)

Unlike food and clothes not everyone does drugs, how do you plan to make this a trade skill worth investing into with such a niche crowd?

That's all I have for now but feel free to express yourselves folks.
(Scatterhome): You say, "Do you like things up your ass? Is your record clean? Are you looking for a job in the near future but not right now? Smuggle drugs for Solus and get stuffed across the galaxy."

Comments

• Being able to lace your weapons in drugs would be fun. 

Drugs doesn't particularly mean narcotics.

Taking drugs for defences would be nice.

Other ways of drugging up your enemies would be nice. 

Custom drugs?
  • Agreed, i was thinking about this for the past week or so... Olyvar IC is very much about the smuggling life, putting his close knit folks and himself above all else at whatever costs. Drugs/contraband is up his alley, and trying to find ways to do that. Would be cool to see highly sought after items have a black market of sorts.
  • Would be a fun smuggling thing, make them like trade routes but you have to sneak them in to cosmpiercers or something where you risk life and limb to get it there.

-- Message #21 from Tecton --
    21000 IEDs? This is my sad lha-ti face. :(.

• Maybe there can be smuggling routes and networks you can control to get periodic income, like cosmpiercers except shadier. 
    "You know what the chain of command is? It’s the chain I go get and beat you with ’til you understand who’s in ruttin’ command here."
  • Drugs?

I don't take drugs. Losers take drugs.

I take COMBAT STIMULANTS.
  • @Pollivar isn't Pollivar like mummy level old? I feel like any kind if stimulant would kill him.
    Eukelade gives you a peck on the cheek.
  • I'm really looking forward to drugs myself, and Xiru already knows IC that he can probably buy from Solus. Just something about Solus struck him that way. ;)
    Vote for Starmourn! Don't hurt Poffy.
  • I am also curious as to when we can expect to see drug-dealing as a tradeskill, and whether or not it will be accompanied by the ability to take a second tradeskill on release. So I know whether to save my slot, or whether I can be at liberty to proceed now and take that up later.

"They are elect to whom beautiful things mean only Beauty."
    — Oscar Wilde

"I'll take care of it, Luke said. And because he said it instead of her, I knew he meant kill. That is what you have to do before you kill, I thought. You have to create an it, where none was before."
    — Margaret Atwood