Skip to content

Mudbot Mapper - Download & Support

I have updated the Mudbot Mapper to work for Starmourn.
This software which can be used with almost any MUD Client. This is most useful for Non-Mudlet and Non-Nexus users.
Connect to it from your client via host: localhost port: 123 and it will connect the Starmourn server.

Also attached is a near-complete IMAP. This is updated using the XML file from the website. Any room that is mapped in-game is included. For whatever reason Voidgates are not currently included in the in-game map and will have to be added. Special exits such as transfer stations are not currently mapped. These can all be added using the mapper functions. If anyone is interested in helping polish off the map, message me.

Features
  • Clickable Map
  • Multiple Map Sizes
  • Path Finding (Including Special Exits)
  • Room Search
  • Point of Interest Path/Mapping (Junk Shops, Transports, Cloning, etc...)
To-Do
  • Scrub Legacy Code (Aetolian Shrines)
  • Fix MXP issues (Currently turns off server MXP)
  • Continue updating IMAP with Special Exits (Transfer Stations, Void Gates)
Some Basic Commands
map help, room help, area help
map, room find, map path, go/stop

Download Link
Source Code (Not Required)
Last Updated 01-18-2019

For Mudlet users, consider using the Vadi's Mudlet Mapping Script.

Comments

• I absolutely loved Mudbot so thank you for this. I have not found any mappers since that can fulfill the same functions that this did for explorers.

I don't expect that I'll be able to help much any time soon, as I haven't yet reached a high enough level to explore freely without dying — and I have a lot more on my plate at the moment. But you can bet that I'll be helping with maps when the time allows.

Does it work with everything including elevations etc.? I often find flying to be the safest way to explore.

"They are elect to whom beautiful things mean only Beauty."
    — Oscar Wilde

"I'll take care of it, Luke said. And because he said it instead of her, I knew he meant kill. That is what you have to do before you kill, I thought. You have to create an it, where none was before."
    — Margaret Atwood

• edited January 2019
    I will get elevations working today. That seems rather important.
    Edit: This weekend
  • I've worked extensively with the mudbot mapper back in the way - and at this point mudlet's mapper supercedes it by far in terms of functionality. Latest update can even walk you to the nearest map feature (junk shop, repair, etc...).
  • edited January 2019
    Vadi said:
    I've worked extensively with the mudbot mapper back in the way - and at this point mudlet's mapper supercedes it by far in terms of functionality. Latest update can even walk you to the nearest map feature (junk shop, repair, etc...).
    The way I use Mudbot is to start with a blank IMap and then explore every room top to bottom. In the process of creating the map, I can verify that I've explored each room and easily check, through exits marked 'DEL:' in the IMap, which exits I haven't yet taken so as to know where I still need to explore.

Mudbot lets me mark each room as needed, as many times as I need, with various features. For instance, I tend to use it to mark various quest mobs/NPCs, so if someone brings up an obscure NPC, I can easily see where they're located and how to get there as quickly as possible.

I could also use it to mark all the terminals and the levels, e.g. room mark terminal 1, room mark terminal 2, room mark terminal 21. While I'm not yet at hacking level 21, this would be useful for me as I level to easily keep track of where I can find everything I need. So Mudbot can also help you walk to the nearest junk feature as needed, as long as you remember to mark those features on your map when you come across them. (Mark them all with 'junk' and then 'map path junk' will always walk you to the nearest one.)

It has a feature which lets me see how many rooms each area contains. Coupled with the line in survey that tells me what percentage of each area I've explored, this lets me calculate how many rooms I'm missing in each area.

It's been a while since I've used mudlet but I dunno if it lets me search for a room by title. Imperian has this by default, game-side, but Starmourn doesn't and it kind of drives me nuts. (Hint hint, Tecton! :( )

Aaand that's why I was consistently the top ranked explorer on MKO and the first person to reach Riftwalker status when explorer ranks got reset and those medallions were released. Though @Ammon and @Qitorien always gave me a run for my money.

So for me, as an exploration enthusiast, its functionality is unsurpassable.

— Oscar Wilde

"I'll take care of it, Luke said. And because he said it instead of her, I knew he meant kill. That is what you have to do before you kill, I thought. You have to create an it, where none was before."
    — Margaret Atwood

• edited January 2019
    Vadi said:
    I've worked extensively with the mudbot mapper back in the way - and at this point mudlet's mapper supercedes it by far in terms of functionality. Latest update can even walk you to the nearest map feature (junk shop, repair, etc...).
    I agree. Mudlet users will likely never have much of a reason to use the mudbot mapper. But I personally don't use mudlet and I would like to have something comparable. Funnily enough, I just added path finding to the nearest map feature.
    I'll throw up the latest update once I have flying put in. But first I need to figure out where to buy a jetpack.
  • Vaughn said:
    Vadi said:
    I agree. Mudlet users will likely never have much of a reason to use the mudbot mapper. But I personally don't use mudlet and I would like to have something comparable. Funnily enough, I just added path finding to the nearest map feature.
    I'll throw up the latest update once I have flying put in. But first I need to figure out where to buy a jetpack.
    The Archoplex, if you happen to be in the Celestine Ascendancy.

— Oscar Wilde

— Margaret Atwood

• @Kestrel yep that's exactly what you can do with the mudlet's mapper. Area room counts, room features, goto nearest one, with the big bonus of it all being scriptable. Just pointing this out for others who wouldn't know!
  • edited January 2019
    Thanks @Vadi,
    I've included a link to your thread so that people know their options.
  • Mudbot was a sonic leap in mapping and speedwalking back in the day
  • Vadi said:
    @Kestrel yep that's exactly what you can do with the mudlet's mapper. Area room counts, room features, goto nearest one, with the big bonus of it all being scriptable. Just pointing this out for others who wouldn't know!
    I will have to take another look!

— Oscar Wilde

— Margaret Atwood

• edited January 2019
    Latest version is up.
    • Properly tracks flying.
    • Feature to find nearest POI (Junk Shop, Cloning Facility, etc...)
    If anyone is interested in using the mapper and helping me update void gates and transfer stations, message me!