Skip to content

Credit-to-USD Conversion.

I spent more money than I'm proud of on Aetolia, and it doesn't even hold a candle to some of the game's bigger arti-whales. To keep myself honest, I wrote this little trigger so that, at a glance, I could see how much of my actual hard-earned money I'd be dumping into this game.

Usage: Type ARTIFACT LIST.

Download here: http://www.mercymyqueen.com/starmourn/arti_conversion.xml

Updated: No longer uses the math.round() function, and should now work out-of-the-box.

Comments

• Well that puts perspective on some things. The next would be to give the actual benefits of a particular artifact to yourself, but I imagine that'd be too much time, and too much cold water too fast.
  • It's nothing we haven't known for years! I'm simply at a point in my life where I want to maximize what I get out of my money. If I ever get the urge to boost my stats, I can look at this list and go "shit, I may as well buy a Nintendo Switch instead"
  • I must be doing something wrong...I imported the XML file and it's listed and checked in my triggers, but it doesn't seem to be working. Any ideas? 
    "You know what the chain of command is? It’s the chain I go get and beat you with ’til you understand who’s in ruttin’ command here."
  • KaxKax
    edited January 2019
    Got it. Apparently whatever version of Lua my Mudlet is using doesn't have a math.round() function. 

I pasted in an implementation I found at http://lua-users.org/wiki/SimpleRound:
    function round(num, numDecimalPlaces)
      local mult = 10^(numDecimalPlaces or 0)
      return math.floor(num * mult + 0.5) / mult
    end
    I changed the math.round in the original script to round and now it's working.
    "You know what the chain of command is? It’s the chain I go get and beat you with ’til you understand who’s in ruttin’ command here."
  • When I think of all the money I spent in Achaea I cringe. When I think about how after I spent all that money I still couldn’t fight top tier fighters only because their artifacts > my squishiness I get depressed.
  • And now that it's working, eeesh. I was thinking about dropping $10–15/month on credits once I started working again, but it'd take over two years to get max boost for a single stat...
  • Kax said:
    And now that it's working, eeesh. I was thinking about dropping $10–15/month on credits once I started working again, but it'd take over two years to get max boost for a single stat...
    Best bang for your buck for that is IRE Elite. Up to 150cr a month for $25/month.
    Eukelade gives you a peck on the cheek.
  • Kax said:
    I must be doing something wrong...I imported the XML file and it's listed and checked in my triggers, but it doesn't seem to be working. Any ideas? 
    I'm a dummy, I forgot math.round wasn't originally part of Lua. I'll update later. 
  • I have a similar one from achaea, I'd use discounted numbers, though (40% off after iron elite).  IRE has some fun promotions that often include discounted credits.

-- Message #21 from Tecton --
    21000 IEDs? This is my sad lha-ti face. :(.

• Im glad these arties are just blandly labeled effects. Far more tempting to buy than if they were attached to cool looking sci-fi accessories.
    I really wanted to control my sarcasm in 2019, but am weak.

• that yellow should be a red text, I think.
  • Tye said:
    Kax said:
    And now that it's working, eeesh. I was thinking about dropping $10–15/month on credits once I started working again, but it'd take over two years to get max boost for a single stat...
    Best bang for your buck for that is IRE Elite. Up to 150cr a month for $25/month.
    So much this. It both helps you set a budget while putting some money towards something you enjoy and getting a great deal in return. I'd never straight up buy credits myself. As for the time it takes, you can get some small boosts fast, and those add up. Don't stare yourself blind on maxing a single one out.
  • edited January 2019
    Updated the original trigger to not use math.round(). I don't like offloading this much code onto a single trigger (here I'd normally point to a function in a script file), but it was necessary to make it portable.

I'd also like to note that this trigger should not be construed as some sort of statement, regarding spending money on Starmourn. These artifacts are ridiculously, disgustingly overpriced, and it's incredible that in 2019 that we're still being asked for this much money. That being said, I've bought them myself in Aetolia, I'm no stranger to this stuff. At the end of the day, it's your money, and if dropping four hundred bones on a stat boost is what makes you happy, then that's the best use of your money. That's no one's business but yours.