Skip to content

Scoundrel Interrupt Issue

The scoundrel interrupt ability, pointblank, takes one bullet.  If a mob starts a wind-up attack, but I am at zero bullets when it starts, I do not have time to reload and then interrupt.  Is this intended?

I have been dying frequently in the Ixsei Desert because the mobs charge-up attacks hit for 3k+, which means that I die fairly often over a period of time just to the randomness of when the charge-up attacks starts.

Given I can't reload early to avoid being at zero bullets, are there any workarounds for this that could avoid pointblank requiring a bullet or perhaps being based on a guile skill for interrupt instead?  Perhaps the mobs could have a slightly longer wind-up period to allow for two balances for most classes? This would help fury as well given one of their interrupts is stance based.

Thanks!

Comments

• Using kith fever doesn't interrupt Battleflow or being you out of stance. It just halts you for one balance, right? So if you want to reliably interrupt as Fury you'd probably just fever.

Was it originally intended that knockdown/prone stuff interrupted? Because that would be a simple change that would let an already existing Scoundrel skill interrupt too.

I agree that your interrupt should never be gated behind two balances (for any class). 
  • Does a sleeper interrupt mob wind up? Haven't tested.

-- Message #21 from Tecton --
    21000 IEDs? This is my sad lha-ti face. :(.

• edited January 2019
    Hrm >.> Trip? Your melee interrupt, something other classes don’t have?

The skill you said was worthless in your thread? I see clearly nothing I said was read.

edit: If this was a Nanoseer thread you’d have 5 people telling you that this is an intended weakness 
  • edited January 2019
    That's all well and good, except for the fact Trip doesn't interrupt. There's a reason it doesn't show in HELP SCOUNDREL as an interrupt.
    Also fury has a melee interrupt, with Stun. So not exactly correct on the 'other classes don't have' comment, either. Stance-required, but melee nonetheless.
    You really enjoy being wrong, yet still trying to talk down to people in the process of being wrong.
  • Does trip even work against mobs?
  • BeepBoop said:
    Does trip even work against mobs?
    Works in that it prones them, yes. It doesn't interrupt, though.
  • Literally an interrupt.

You’re actually right for once regarding Stun! Clap clap. 
  • My favourite thread is leaking.
    Eukelade gives you a peck on the cheek.
  • Wuff said:
    Literally an interrupt.

You’re actually right for once regarding Stun! Clap clap. 
    Prone is not an interrupt. There are several things that will complete while prone. 
  • edited January 2019
    Trip does not interrupt mob wind ups.

I do use gun spin to reload rather than fling if they start a wind up and I'm at zero bullets (2 second balance vs 3 second balance). That usually allows me to get my interrupt off in time. However there have been a few times where I've failed (Rapidfire (3.5s balance) from 2 to 0 bullets and then they immediately start windup = GG)

Don't ever Rapidfire when at 2 bullets vs mobs that windup and you should usually survive... I think only once did I fail when I was at 1 bullet and the windup actually came probably milliseconds before a queued crackshot but due to latency couldn't change my queued attack.
  • @Wuff did a scoundrel hurt you as a child? You are so angry at them...
  • His mom left his dad for a Han Solo impersonator.
  • @ekary and @Anonymous

Same thing I said to Wuff. Stop with the insults and get back on topic. Folks who keep jabbing each other like this needs to be forum banned for a few days. 
    (Scatterhome): You say, "Do you like things up your ass? Is your record clean? Are you looking for a job in the near future but not right now? Smuggle drugs for Solus and get stuffed across the galaxy."

• Solus said:
    Folks who keep jabbing each other like this needs to be forum banned for a few days. 
    Lol because that worked out so well for Imperian forums.
  • I hate, hate this issue. So many times just as I run out of bullets the windup kicks in, you cannot crash out, reload to interrupt in time before the big 70%+ hits.