Skip to content

mod market

I think this is a bit unfair. People are now developing a market around mods due to the severe rarity of even simple mods. Yet,  when one crafter managed to get his hands on a mod and reverse engineer it,  he'll only get around mastering iit by measly 4%. Yep,  we're paying at least 5000 marks for 4% progression on mastering that mod. That means I'm gonna need to spend at least 125,000 marks to master one type of mod  if we get it all by puchase. We're not even ssure if the next mod I get will be tthe same as the last one.   And I'm talking aabout a simple mod here. Imagine the investment needed to get and master complex mods and above. Really,  the lessons are not worth it at all,  I wish I could just take it back like I could with class abilities.
I'm Vianou, by the way.

Comments

• You can TRADESKILL FORGET <TRADESKILL>. I did when I decided I didn't want to mod.
    I'm gone.
  • The first person to master a particular mod seems like they’d probably end up with a monopoly on it until they sold enough for others to reverse engineer, and could charge and arm and leg to make back that investment.
  • I believe you don't get credit from player created mods.
  • Oh, wow, so a whole lot longer of a potential monopoly, interesting! I dunno if that makes it better or not, but definitely interesting.
  • saturnine said:
    You can TRADESKILL FORGET <TRADESKILL>. I did when I decided I didn't want to mod.
    Thanks for this.

I'm Vianou, by the way.
  • The market will calm down as the current tradeskillers get things maxed and it's only newer players needing to buy/reverse engineer mods. 

If you want to be on the bleeding edge in the start-of-game market, you're going to have to put up with the awkwardness of the economy during this phase, when it hasn't reached a mature equilibrium.
    "You know what the chain of command is? It’s the chain I go get and beat you with ’til you understand who’s in ruttin’ command here."
  • My biggest issue thus far is: 

Mob Kills                     4791

And not a single mod has dropped (just dinged 40), despite bashing through two mod drop-rate buffs. 
    Eukelade gives you a peck on the cheek.
  • For comparison's sake, I've had 3 drop:

Mob Kills                     19486

-- Message #21 from Tecton --
    21000 IEDs? This is my sad lha-ti face. :(.

• This is a good idea. More people post your kill/mod ratio please.
    Eukelade gives you a peck on the cheek.
  • 10334, and 1 mod drop so far!
    Mereas Eyrlock
    "They're excited, but poor."
    - Ilyos (August 2019)
  • How does one know their mob kills?
    I'm Vianou, by the way.
  • Paqu said:
    How does one know their mob kills?
    HONORS STATS

-- Message #21 from Tecton --
    21000 IEDs? This is my sad lha-ti face. :(.

• Level 69, 11812 Mob Kills = 1 Weapon Mod
  • Mob Kills 3884
    Mods 0
    As T'rath has pierced the veil, so will I, and so will my life become complete in a good death.
    Jin
    VOTE FOR STARMOURN
    Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM
    teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
    GrootToday at 2:16 PM
      if there's no kittens in space
      I'm going on a rampage
    TectonToday at 2:17 PM
      They're called w'hoorn, Groot
      sets out a saucer of milk
  • Mob Kills 6097

One simple and one complex weapon mod. (Got them both by the ~5700ish mark)
  • Mob kills - 5658

I've had, uh... 4 drops?
    I'm gone.
  • Mob Kills 12507
    0 Mods
    Download Montem System for Nexus Client - https://pastebin.com/MBEn7S0u
  • Mob Kills                     1401
    1 mod  :pleased:
  • 70-100 Kills AP (After Patch)
    1 Mod

>.>
  • 2238 kills, 1 simple mod so far. 
    "You know what the chain of command is? It’s the chain I go get and beat you with ’til you understand who’s in ruttin’ command here."
  • Mob Kills                     7202
    2 Advanced, 2 Simple
  • Mob Kills                     8636

1 Mod
  • 14,350. No mods!
  • 1881 kills, 4 mods. I'll just see myself out.
  • edited January 2019
    12250.  1 simple mod and 1 advanced mod