Skip to content

Artifact Questions

New thread for questions about the artifact system.

It's pretty straightforward so far, so my only question is this: What does "Ship Illusion" do?
The artifact info is completely useless in regards to that one.
-- Ship Illusions -------------------------------------------------------------
Cost: 500cr
Owned: No
Category: Ships and spacefaring
Upgradeable: No
Linkable to: A ship

Allows you to use SHIP ILLUSION while on your ship.

See?

Comments

• edited January 2019
    It lets you do custom ship (across the entire ship) emotes (no restrictions on having your name it in like emotes etc). I'll get the blurb updated to be more informative.
  • edited January 2019
    The stat boost artifacts affect base stat values, right? That is the 150 base, and whatever extra points you invest remain unaffected.
    Also holy shit the passive ww regeneration artifact looks broken and is probably a must to stay competetive in pvp. I'd say the same about the class heal artifact except only one class has HP kills as a viable option.
    Looks like we're taking steps into turning this into a game for massive whales. Gotta rake in that cash!
  • I actually thinkg the WW regen artifact affects just the channeled WW REGENERATE, not the passive curing ticks.
    Mereas Eyrlock
    "They're excited, but poor."
    - Ilyos (August 2019)
  • The really worrysome one is the faster ww mend...
  • Arsentar said:
    The really worrysome one is the faster ww mend...
    Nah, ww mend is only 2 seconds balance. The real bottleneck in subsystem mending is the cooldown and the fact mend becomes borderline useless once efficacy drops below ~50%. I don't see artifacts that change any of that - devs, please don't add any.
    Matlkael said:
    I actually thinkg the WW regen artifact affects just the channeled WW REGENERATE, not the passive curing ticks.
    Okay, you know what? If that's what the artifact does then fair enough.
  • Matlkael said:
    I actually thinkg the WW regen artifact affects just the channeled WW REGENERATE, not the passive curing ticks.

Correct.
  • Cubey said:
    Arsentar said:
    Nah, ww mend is only 2 seconds balance. The real bottleneck in subsystem mending is the cooldown and the fact mend becomes borderline useless once efficacy drops below ~50%. I don't see artifacts that change any of that - devs, please don't add any.
    Matlkael said:
    Okay, you know what? If that's what the artifact does then fair enough.
    No plans to on the former here.
  • I have a question on crafting.

Once you max learn mods, the crafting_manufacturing artifacts seem quite useless and provide no additional benefit
  • edited January 2019
    Arsentar said:
    You might get to do 4 mends in a fight. That saves you about 1s in a 2minute long fight for 1600cr.

Only real mandatory one is the class heal imo. 
  • Could we get some more information on the stat arties?  If I have 250 in lifeforce and I get the lifeforce one, what affect does it have?
    What if I only have 50 in lifeforce?

-- Message #21 from Tecton --
    21000 IEDs? This is my sad lha-ti face. :(.

• Perfect said:
    Could we get some more information on the stat arties?  If I have 250 in lifeforce and I get the lifeforce one, what affect does it have?
    I've got a calculator I've posted on discord. Check out the fury thread. 
  • Perfect said:
    Could we get some more information on the stat arties?  If I have 250 in lifeforce and I get the lifeforce one, what affect does it have?
    It adds x% to your pre-scaled values, so if you have the 16% artefact, your pre-scaling lifeforce will be increased by 64 (16% of 400), giving you 464 total.
  • edited January 2019
    soo in this example it would be 32 effective lifeforce, giving 160 health.  Which at 5550 health is a 2.8% increase.

Am I doing that math right?

If that's accurate, that has to change right? 2.8% is a rockhopper sneeze.

EDIT: As Darios points out below, 3:1 less effective over 400.  Meaning an additional 106 health points, or 1.9% additional health for a level 5 artie. :D

-- Message #21 from Tecton --
    21000 IEDs? This is my sad lha-ti face. :(.

• Actually points over 400 are 3:1 effective, so its less then that.
  • Don't change it, we don't need this game to be a total pay to win fest like every other IRE title.
  • More utility ones, like the portable repair/junk! They'll honestly be my first purchases. :3
    Mereas Eyrlock
    "They're excited, but poor."
    - Ilyos (August 2019)
  • based on Albion's info. You can get 300 in all stats with three level_5 stat arties and two level_4 stat arties. 

If you can buy that much... Have at it and thank you for supporting the game.
  • edited January 2019
    None of the stat arties really seem very viable at the moment - the level 1 aim artifact increased my damage by 1 point which is equivalent to 0.0001% of my enemies health.  Feels like I wasted 100 credits currently. 

Math:
    Aim = 402 after artifact
    2 points of aim is 0.002% more damage
    0.002 x 400 = 0.8 extra damage per attack — I assume it rounds up?

• How does class heal interact with the engineer class heal (which has two options)?
  • Grek said:
    How does class heal interact with the engineer class heal (which has two options)?
    In Achaea you can ask to trial an artifact for an hour or so before buying. I'm keen to hear the answer to your question also, but it may require someone buying or borrowing one.

Actually,  I didn't read the help file - can arties be lent to friends here? 
  • Tecton said:
    Arti tuning is probably a bit too conservative at the moment, to be 100% honest, but easier to let the cat out of the bag than to stuff it back in.
    I can’t tell you how glad I am to hear that
  • Grek said:
    How does class heal interact with the engineer class heal (which has two options)?
    Tecton said on Discord it affects both heals.