Skip to content

News is a mess

I log in and I have to sort through 20 advertisements, 30 useless political/faction posts, and whatever else people though warranted a public post just so I can clear out the queue. We either need more channels so this garbage can be put in appropriate channels I can ignore/turn off, or we need some sort of filtering/spam system. Having the portal working would be great too. Even with the Portal now working, it's still a slog.

Comments

• Isn't Public news... public?  I'm assuming the political/faction posts are in the faction news?  Are you just after a news ignore section command?
    Download Montem System for Nexus Client - https://pastebin.com/MBEn7S0u
  • Is this a Scatterhome issue? I’m seeing maybe four new posts each time I log into Song.
  • Scatter news has been pretty calm lately and I don't think OP is in Scatterhome (though I could be wrong). I've noticed a general trend of people complaining about pretty much all notifications on Scatter comm though. Some people just really seem to hate news/calls.
    I'm gone.
  • Public is for notes of public interest. I don't consider trash talking to be of public interest. I also believe there should be a separate market channel for advertising. If I'm looking for a shop, I'll look there. I don't need to be forced to filter through it to get to the stuff that matters (very little).
    Political/faction posts would be great if they were useful. Right now it's a bunch of stuff that the people involved already know and the rest don't really care. If they did, they'd be involved.
    It's a mess. I'm hoping it smooths out as things get to "normal" operation, but having ways to filter (tags, more channels, etc.) would be helpful. As well as a "mark channel read" or something like that in the Portal. So I quit getting notifications to read stuff I never wanted to read every time I log in. It's hard to know if its a new post or if its just that old crap you already ignored, for a reason.
  • We just need a catchup feature on news. That's all. I think it's on their list.
    Vote for Starmourn! Don't hurt Poffy.
  • Fwiw: my dumb hours mean that I kinda need the politics news to know what's going on without having to have someone give me a play by play on one of the two nights a week I can play while there are other people to play with.
    Political/faction posts would be great if they were useful. Right now it's a bunch of stuff that the people involved already know and the rest don't really care. If they did, they'd be involved.

Come one, come all W'hoorn, to the Cultural Exchange where we can talk about being catbird klingons!