Skip to content

general ideas

Couldn't find a thread so here is a new one.

Here's an idea, I reckon it might be useful to get opinions before I bother the staff with in game suggestions (surely that's already a long list)

1. cybernetic implants -> EG I want a shotgun embedded in my arm, could use the in place armor system (more categories?) hell, I want to replace just about everything, eyes, ears..

Comments

• You can probably get away with using DESCRIBE SELF for things like special implants and such!
    Mereas Eyrlock
    "They're excited, but poor."
    - Ilyos (August 2019)
  • I'm pretty sure attaching a shotgun to your arm falls under the "laser beam eyes" rule laid out in "help describe" or whatever the proper name of the file is.
  • Oh yah "laser beam eyes" I need this too!
  • Cybernetic implants as an idea reminds me the Shadowrun settings though it has a drawback in form of losing your essence limiting your shamanic/spellcasting abilities if you have the leaning for that. Also in that setting people would enter Matrix which you can consider it a form of advanced internet where you have an Avatar and myriad of skills to avoid ICs (white or black). To enter the matrix they would use datajacks embedded to their right side or left side of their head which is essentially a brain implant to establish brain-computer interfacing. Dying to white ICs would boot or impede efforts depending on their level of security but black ICs would fry your brain via sending a biofeedback through your datajack.

Other examples of implants are cybernetic arms, subdermal platings, perception enchancing eye augmentations etc. etc. 

Most RPG settings containing implants are not even interstellar in nature  so I believe it would not be out of question for Starmourn in the future?
  • That's a big part of what Bushraki are, no? 
  • There's a thread where @Solus and I were talking about it and we pretty much ended up at 'minor, essentially cosmetic implants or mutations are fine.' And there's a thread on Bushraki where it's said by one of the admin that they aren't PCs in part because the extent of their modifications makes them OP. 
    I'm gone.