Skip to content

Incursion Drops

2»

Comments

• My own suggestion re: incursion drops is that they replace probes---which are useless if you're not one of the 30 players who have enough captaincy to tether---with scoops, which anyone who has completed the level 10 story quest can use. That'd both make the drops feel more relevant and provide incentive to do scooping.
  • Replace those 10x probe batches with 1x - 2x repair kit. 
    Eukelade gives you a peck on the cheek.
  • My two problems with incursions:
    1. You have to fuck around the incursion zone while enemies slowly spawn one by one. This doesn't happen in on foot pve so just have them spawn all at once. Spread them around maybe so they won't swarm players.
    2. Your astromech is a perfectionist idiot and goes "beep boop? A whole two percent damage to the hull I'd better waste a whole repair kit fixing it up!". Sure a single kit is only 30 marks but this shit adds up and eats into your profit margins. Just let us turn this little jerk off - SHIP REPAIR NONE or OFF or whatnot, then on when we, y'know, actually need repairs.
  • Cubey said:
    My two problems with incursions:
    1. You have to fuck around the incursion zone while enemies slowly spawn one by one. This doesn't happen in on foot pve so just have them spawn all at once. Spread them around maybe so they won't swarm players.
    2. Your astromech is a perfectionist idiot and goes "beep boop? A whole two percent damage to the hull I'd better waste a whole repair kit fixing it up!". Sure a single kit is only 30 marks but this shit adds up and eats into your profit margins. Just let us turn this little jerk off - SHIP REPAIR NONE or OFF or whatnot, then on when we, y'know, actually need repairs.
    (2) I was frustrated/confused by this for a while as well, but you actually can turn off your automech. The command is SHIP REPAIR AUTO: It's toggled on by default, so doing it again toggles it off. (I don't think that makes a lot of sense, but there it is.) This helps with incursion costs a lot. (I similarly recommend firing your cannon manually rather than using autofire, but that's far more obvious.)

The point which tripped me up initially is that, if you're using Nexus, the map window by default is a small corner in the upper left. But that's -not- the size of your spacemap: If you click on the tab and drag it, you can pop it out and adjust it to get the full map. As it was, I was basically flying with only a quarter of my view available. (Alternatively, close out the three windows on the right and the two on the bottom left to get an appropriately-sized window.)
  • Piggybacking on this thread. From the helpfiles, shipmod materials are supposed to drop from "ship pve." Does that mean you can recover cargo that includes shipmod stuff? I haven't heard of anyone getting shipmods. Are they enabled currently?
    As T'rath has pierced the veil, so will I, and so will my life become complete in a good death.
    Jin
    VOTE FOR STARMOURN
    Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM
    teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
    GrootToday at 2:16 PM
      if there's no kittens in space
      I'm going on a rampage
    TectonToday at 2:17 PM
      They're called w'hoorn, Groot
      sets out a saucer of milk
  • edited January 2019
    They're not currently, I wasn't 100% happy with the selection and the drop mechanics, so we held off on those for a little bit - they'll be live soon when we can get this to a state where it feels worthwhile.