Skip to content

Hacking

13»

Comments

• edited January 2019
    I think it would be cool to have some "super hacks" for high level hacking. Have some heavy marks rewards or something to make it worth the risk, but have "black ice" in there that has the potential to actually kill the hacker if they don't come prepared for it. (I know I know, yes I am a Sprawl nerd.)

These could even be part quests to give some real background to it, I think it would be fun.
  • Eventually, I would still like to see Cosmpiercer Liberate actually rely on hacking the control point instead of just liberating.  Terminal value +/- 1 from the Cosmpiercer level.  Scanners would give out a system-wide alert if not jammed quickly regarding which terminal was being hacked.  Once all of them are hacked then the change of control process starts.
  • The only thing with adding hacking to cosmpiercers is that your body disappears during hacking, so you don't need to defend the hacker and have no way of stopping one either. I would like to see people's bodies vulnerable when hacking, remaining in the physical world, with either the option of unplugging from a hack, getting alerted of attack, or being rudely pulled from the hack on getting attacked.
  • Thank you for opening the Rankings.
  • The only thing with adding hacking to cosmpiercers is that your body disappears during hacking, so you don't need to defend the hacker and have no way of stopping one either. I would like to see people's bodies vulnerable when hacking, remaining in the physical world, with either the option of unplugging from a hack, getting alerted of attack, or being rudely pulled from the hack on getting attacked.
    This is how Hacking PvP gets started.
  • Your body disappears during hacking? Funny, it specifically warns you that you're vulnerable on the outside while hacking...
  • Probably also setting up for a future change.