Skip to content

[Mudlet] Starsys

Comments

• Tye said:
    The constructing IEDs doesn't function properly if you're at a junk shop, probably due to the last line of JUNK LIST being "You can SELL JUNK here." instead of "Junk can be sold at designated locations."
    So move away from the junk shop.
  • This might be a silly question but I can't figure it out. Is there a way to make it so that the system tags in the prompt appear in the same order the systems are listed in when you diagnose yourself?

They seem to be listen that way in the script itself, but get jumbled in the prompt.
  • Arsentar said:
    This might be a silly question but I can't figure it out. Is there a way to make it so that the system tags in the prompt appear in the same order the systems are listed in when you diagnose yourself?

They seem to be listen that way in the script itself, but get jumbled in the prompt.
    Initially they were ordered on an arbitrary priority order, to what I thought would be the best order for them... Figured it was kinda pointless. They'll show in that order in the next update, for both the inverse and the normal versions.
  • Getting this error when I try to bash:
      [ERROR:] object:<Bashing> function:<Key20>
             <[string "Script: Fury Stuff"]:8: attempt to index field 'IRE' (a nil value)>

How do I fix this? Thanks.
  • Should fix itself when the next prompt line comes up. Usually happens the first time you turn on basher, because GMCP hasn't initialised the variable.
  • edited January 2019
    I installed everything correctly but the map does not capture. The mudlet mapper pops up in the top right corner but says there is no map or valid position. I tried typing map and config mapshow on.  Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Also, when I do bashy or use . on the numpad nothing happens. Sorry if I'm just dumb and don't know what I'm doing!

Thanks!
  • Then you need to download the mapper.
    Saying "nothing happens" doesn't help, either.
  • edited January 2019
    Yeah I figured out the mapper bit, I wasn't on the newest version of mudlet. As far as the other problem, in debug mode it shows me this:

13:18:36.041 Alias name=Toggle Bashing(^bashy$) matched.
    13:18:36.041 Alias: capture group #1 = <bashy>
    13:18:36.041 LUA: ERROR running script Toggle Bashing (Alias27) ERROR:[string "Script: Autobashing 
    -------------Functions"]:17: attempt to index global 'mmp' (a nil value)
  • Looks like you don't have the mudlet mapper script installed
  • You can type "downloadmudletmapper" in-game to have Starmourn tell Mudlet how to automatically install the mapper package for you.
  • Thanks I figured out the mapper part, just a moment of stupidity. I still can't get the basher to function though. I posted the error I got above if anyone has any clue on how to fix it. Sorry to be a bother, and thank you.
  • Drag mapper folders above starsys folders so they load first, maybe?
    Eukelade gives you a peck on the cheek.
  • I had that as well, I installed the actual mapper package, not just update the map in settings and then the basher worked perfectly. The mapper scripts in the package use mmp. as the global variable.
  • @Iorwerth I used that command and the basher seems to be working, thanks!
  • [1.6] Lots of stuff this time.

• I like the update, especially the xp gain showing. 
    (Scatterhome): Cal says, "We're called Scatterhome after what everybody does at the end of the night when it's time for someone to pay the bar tab."
    (Scatterhome): You say, "Which by my calculations, it's your turn to pay."
    (Scatterhome): Brantar says, "That's what my calculations have come to."
    (Scatterhome): Paavo says, "My math adds up to that, yeah."
    (Scatterhome): Cal says, "Bastards."
  • Just out of curiosity, are there plans on adding Engineer to the bashing settings? I have thought about rolling an engineer alt and, unless I am totally not seeing it in your bashing settings, then i'd have to find another way of doing it if I do roll one.
    (Scatterhome): Cal says, "We're called Scatterhome after what everybody does at the end of the night when it's time for someone to pay the bar tab."
  • TyeTye
    edited January 2019
    Current engineer bashing options in StarSys:
    function sysBasher_engineerBashing()
       local command = "bot claw "..target
       return command
    end

If I'm not mistaken, using turrets is more for flavour and doesn't increase TTK (correct me if I'm wrong, please!). If that's the case, there's no need to code in an extra bashing function.

ETA: Apparently there's some weird prep eng can do to get a faster TTK with turrets (I assume that's not including prep time in TTK, though), but according to the couple people that responded to me in discord I'm still venturing a guess that bot claw spam is sufficient.
    Eukelade gives you a peck on the cheek.
  • ah Thanks. I heard something similar, but that was before the changes to engineer so wasn't sure if it had changed or not.
  • @Tye

BOT CLAW is basic bashing for engineer. If you use a turret, you'll still be using BOT CLAW. To increase your TTK (debatably), you'd have to enter a room, BOT TURRET STOP, (start bashing), BOT TURRET, move to next room, repeat.
  • edited January 2019
    I tried this, but the starmap shows up in the main window still. And I'd like to adjust the nanoseer bashing to do freeze swarm swarm ad nauseum, instead of using multistrike. These possible? Oh, and the right side of my chat is cutting off, but that always seems to happen.

edited to add: Oh, and can the mudlet mapper be switched with the game map? 

So much of this is great, and thank you very much for making it available! I'm mostly concerned about the starmap, and I don't mean to sound demanding, I may or may not figure it out on my own (though already mangled the bashing script). 
  • Its really pretty easy to change what the basher does if you look the script up
  • Jassaet said:
    I tried this, but the starmap shows up in the main window still. And I'd like to adjust the nanoseer bashing to do freeze swarm swarm ad nauseum, instead of using multistrike. These possible? Oh, and the right side of my chat is cutting off, but that always seems to happen.

edited to add: Oh, and can the mudlet mapper be switched with the game map? 

So much of this is great, and thank you very much for making it available! I'm mostly concerned about the starmap, and I don't mean to sound demanding, I may or may not figure it out on my own (though already mangled the bashing script). 
    1) Starmap will have its own window when I can be bothered doing more space stuff. Until then, it will continue to show in the main window. Remember it's primarily a system for myself. (sorry if this sounds a bit aggressive; I just woke up)
    2) No nanoseer has contacted me with how to set it up better, so until one shows me the better way to bash with then it'll remain as is. I don't feel like using one of my class resets on a class I don't like.
    Rkansas said:
    Just out of curiosity, are there plans on adding Engineer to the bashing settings? I have thought about rolling an engineer alt and, unless I am totally not seeing it in your bashing settings, then i'd have to find another way of doing it if I do roll one.
    No real need to add Engineer as its own setting. Turret is automatically in effect if you make your carrybot carry it around, and set it to sentrymode.
    Satomi said:
    @Tye

BOT CLAW is basic bashing for engineer. If you use a turret, you'll still be using BOT CLAW. To increase your TTK (debatably), you'd have to enter a room, BOT TURRET STOP, (start bashing), BOT TURRET, move to next room, repeat.
    See above comment re: turret. I tested it a lot, though. BOT CLAW on its own has pretty much the same dps/ttk as turret + claw, and turret + junkjet.
  • edited January 2019
    Maruna, Thanks for the reply! I appreciate the heads up. 

Arsentar:
    Its really pretty easy to change what the basher does if you look the script up
    I got it partially changed, but I need to figure out how to check if the mob has an affliction to do it properly, and I don't know how to do that. I'll try to figure out, eventually. maybe. Or decide it's close enough.
  • As far as I know, the only way to know for sure is to trigger off the moment you give it to them. Then either clear the variable when you see them cure it or they die. Rinse and repeat. 

• edited January 2019
    Maruna:
    Engineers can make use of BOT REPEAT and BOT HARASS, if they are really wishing to take that extra 6s of off balance to assist them in furthering their survival. Because while repeat, the bot will attack while you use a different attack. I've not played around with repeat while the bot is carrying a turret, as of yet. I'll do that soon though just to see if it all can work out properly

EDIT:
    As a note, I have incorporated a separate bashing for Engineer. Written with toggles and everything appropriate for using harass/repeat if you wish, or just using claw if you don't wish to use those and save the the carrybot balance for swing so you can interrupt. Maruna, may need a little bit of help in actually putting it into your system where the settings can save.
  • Yeah, I just got BOT REPEAT, Using that and BOT HARASS does help a lot.
  • Okay, I just found out that bot repeat claw is bad, you can't use our swing interrupt ability while it's going. Not sure what you could repeat though to make it worth it. But BOT HARASS is still good.
  • Okay, I got some text for Engineer bashing.

bot repeat claw <target> carrybot -- Only good against mobs that don't have a windup attack.

You build an instruction loop into a crane-armed carrybot's programming, ordering it to repeatedly attempt to claw against a depthless puddle of black liquid.

bot harass <target>

An aerodynamic drone buzzes around a depthless puddle of black liquid, distracting it.

Can Bot Harass again.

Your bot can again harass someone.

Can Bot repeat again. -- Same for any repeat attack.

You can again order a repeated attack.

bot repeat swing <target> carrybot -- Only good against mobs with windup attack.

You build an instruction loop into a crane-armed carrybot's programming, ordering it to repeatedly attempt to swing against a delicately bulbous blinkfish.

Just in case you want to add this in there. But basically, you would need to add an option to use either repeat claw or repeat swing.

You would start with 'bot repeat claw/swing <target> carrybot' --> 'bot harass <target>' --> 'operate shock <target>' 

If I am wrong on this, or just off a bit I hope another engineer will correct me. 

• What I've been doing recently is that if a mob has no windup attack, I mainly do repeat(claw) + turret + junkjet. If repeat is on cooldown, then back to regular claw + turret.
    Mereas Eyrlock
    "They're excited, but poor."
    - Ilyos (August 2019)