Skip to content

Ship Component Damage

edited January 2019 in Questions and Answers
Passed through an incursion while on my way to a station. Not a scratch the astromech couldn't handle until this:

[ Speed: 675 (45%) | Hull: 100% | Shield: 85% | Cap: 0% | Iota (49, 86) ]
Your proximity alerts blare a warning and the ship shudders around you as nabians #2 fires a
sizzling blast of hot light through the void at your vessel.
The attack bypasses our shields!
The ship's capacitor sputters and starts backfiring.
Hull Damage: 201
The damage tears through the hull and damages your capacitor system, bringing it to -20%.
[ Speed: 675 (45%) | Hull: 71% | Shield: 85% | Cap: 0% | Iota (49, 86) ]

Is that supposed to happen? What was it - a missile?
It completely destroyed the component in one shot. Even after installing a new capacitor it's still at 0% health. Is that a bug?

Edit: Forgot to add that the newly installed component is also offline, destroyed, backfiring, and can't be restarted or repaired.

Comments

• ...You know my capacitor did the same thing. Just kinda zero'd out without a chance to restart it. Since I don't use it anyways, I didn't bother trying to install a replacement...
  • Yeah, something fishy going on there, we'll get it fixed up.
  • edited January 2019
    Edit: Nevermind.
  • We do need some way to eject from our ship or take a spacewalk. When your engine gets destroyed you can't go anywhere, and have no way to kill yourself or self destruct.

-- Message #21 from Tecton --
    21000 IEDs? This is my sad lha-ti face. :(.

• Perfect said:
    We do need some way to eject from our ship or take a spacewalk. When your engine gets destroyed you can't go anywhere, and have no way to kill yourself or self destruct.
    RESCUE SHIP, I think?
  • A contained sphere of dark matter shoots out of ironcorsairs #4's cannons, colliding destructively
    with the nose of your vessel.
    The attack bypasses our shields!
    The ship's engine sputters and starts backfiring.
    Hull Damage: 450
    The damage tears through the hull and damages your engine system, bringing it to -32%.

Same thing happened to me, except my corvette engine got one-shot so I had to abandon the ship.
  • Avymos said:
    Perfect said:
    We do need some way to eject from our ship or take a spacewalk. When your engine gets destroyed you can't go anywhere, and have no way to kill yourself or self destruct.
    RESCUE SHIP, I think?
    Doesn't work if you're on a ship, the response is something cheeky like 'Just fly!' 

-- Message #21 from Tecton --
    21000 IEDs? This is my sad lha-ti face. :(.

• I think capacitors have a really low health? I often find my other components are at 90-100%, but that one seems to blow itself up all the time and I never even use it!
  • I think capacitors have a really low health? I often find my other components are at 90-100%, but that one seems to blow itself up all the time and I never even use it!
    Yeah, the do hav too-low health, that was fixed up early today to give them a little more life.