Skip to content

What game other than MUDs do you play?

I am Groot
(What other games do you play outside of muds?

I am a favorite of Moba's (League of Legends, Heroes of the Storm, Smite) and partial to rogue-like steam games (Binding of Isaac, Enter the Gungeon, Darkest Dungeon). I also have a few browser games that I play on the go, like Kingdom of Loathing which I've gotten back into recently)

Comments

• I uh, play too much Madden Mobile? ;)
    Vote for Starmourn! Don't hurt Poffy.
  • I play lots of Overwatch, ESO, and do lots of sitting aimless staring at a monitor
  • Villanox said:
    I play lots of Overwatch, ESO, and do lots of sitting aimless staring at a monitor
    Yeah, I also enjoy a healthy session of Monitor Monitor.
    Pedagogical rumors of rumors fuel the cosmos

• Warframe, Guild Wars 2, Dishonored, Civilization5, Total War, Magic the Gathering, and a bunch of the games over on tfgamessite.
  • I tend to rotate between games. Right now, FF14 and OW and a little HotS. Other games I might pick up sometimes... Warfarm, Warships, Fortnite, Secret World, Sins, Stellaris, ES2... probably a bunch of others I'm forgetting...

(Does reading on the computer count? If so, Kindle's definitely up there too...)
  • ES2, Stellaris, XCOM2_ ADOM, SS13
  • Currently The Witcher 3 and No Man's Sky.
  • Mostly RPGs (online, offline, massively, single, etc. etc. etc.)
    Civ
    Cities:Skylines

That's just last week.
  • Stellaris is my big non-mud game currently. I've finished FFXV recently, but am still working on the end-game. Tales of Berseria and Skyrim are other current go-to's.
  • I mentioned the graphical muds in the other thread. :tongue:

For others, Mansions of Madness is a particular favourite. As is most pen and paper rpgs. Been playing a bit of Conan Exiles and will always play a FF when they come 
  • Stellaris mostly but I swap around between games. Most of my game time gets divided between that, League of Legends, Mount and Blade, and EVE Online.
  • Mount and Blade is one of my all time favorites! 
  • Path of Exile
  • edited September 2017
    Villanox said:
    I play lots of Overwatch, ESO, and do lots of sitting aimless staring at a monitor
    @Villanox Overwatch and ESO are my two go to games. PS4. You?!
    Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall set me free.

----
    Almost dead yesterday, maybe dead tomorrow, but alive, gloriously alive, today.
    ----
    I must not fear.
    Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear.
    I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
    And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

• @Oogah_Chakha I play PC, too poor for consoles :D
  • Crusader kings II, Tales of Maj'Eyal, Mount & blade etc.
  • Currently: Overwatch, Zelda on the Switch.
  • Superman 64

• edited September 2017
    PS4:
    Battlefield 1. I have great fun playing with the BANE clan.
    Overwatch. It's a great game but I got bored playing it alone eventually.
    Just picked up Elder Scrolls Online, I've yet to play it.

PC:
    Company Of Heroes 1 and it's expansions.
    EVE. I reaaallly wanted to get into this, but it feels like this game is not meant to be played alone.
    I mostly play stategy games on the PC but haven't found anything to my liking recently, playing alone is only satisfying for so long.

Perhaps the best game I have ever played for it's single player story was Spec-Ops: The Line. For a shooter it took me on a totally unexpected journey and played with morality in a way that I have yet to experience in any other videogame. Worth a play if you can find it going cheap, despite sometimes clunky game mechanics.
  • I've mainly been playing Guild Wars 2 and probably going to get Destiny 2.
  • Doyle said:

Superman 64

Heh heh.
  • I play a lot of strategy games (Hearts of Iron, CK2 etc) but I always enjoy RPGs with plenty of choice and consequence. The Witcher 3 stood out from the pack quite a bit in that regard.

Also really enjoying the new (ish) DOOM. That game is pure heavy metal.
  • edited September 2017
    I currently have a pet project of restoring my own game systems so right now I'm playing Sega Genesis games: Ecco, Earthworm Jim, Sonic the Hedgehog, and Toejam and Earl.

Also if any of you have a Humble Bundle account (Or don't mind making one) Psychonauts is free for the next 3 hours.
  • Destiny 2 has taken a lot of my free-time recently but isn't likely to hold me down for more than a raid/nightfall weekly, if that.

Fallout 3/NV is a massive addiction of mine ( don't get me started on 4 ), as well as Skyrim and Elite: Dangerous.
    Zhill says, "Drats."
    You say to Zhill, "Thanks anyways! I'm gonna go break more things!"
    Zhill tells you, "You show'em!"
    You joyfully tell Zhill, "I sure will!"
    You laughingly tell Zhill, "Or I'll die horribly! Ahahaha!"
  • League of Legends a lot lately. Then several time-wasting phone games.
    As T'rath has pierced the veil, so will I, and so will my life become complete in a good death.
    Jin
    VOTE FOR STARMOURN
    Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM
    teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
    GrootToday at 2:16 PM
      if there's no kittens in space
      I'm going on a rampage
    TectonToday at 2:17 PM
      They're called w'hoorn, Groot
      sets out a saucer of milk
  • Been playing Starbound off and on to get into the sci-fi groove(and waiting for Stardew Valley to come on the Switch), and I'm anxiously awaiting the next expansion for Breath of the Wild.
  • Starbound's a nice one. You've just reminded me I need to pay it a visit...
  • Recently started playing Divinity : Original Sin 2. I am guessing this will take quite a bit of my free time. At least, until Shadow of War comes out.
  • Jerom said:
    Recently started playing Divinity : Original Sin 2. I am guessing this will take quite a bit of my free time. At least, until Shadow of War comes out.
    I have lost more of my life than I'd care to admit to that game. Looking under all the things, ever was never quite so tediously rewarding.
  • TNATNA
    edited September 2017
    Stellaris for scifi atm. I made a starmourn race pack for it. I posted a qpic in the comments section somewhere...

ETA - Here's that thread http://www.starmourn.com/2016/11/08/the-bushraki-wetwiring-and-mindsims/#comments

Utopia kinda broke the game though.