Skip to content

If your mindsim could do anything, it would...

As the title suggests, what do you wish your Starmourn mindsim could do?
vote ∘ Explore Nexus mods for Starmourn & Achaeandb for Nexus

Comments

• I think I may be in the minority here, but I've used MIM style since launch to reduce the amount of text I need to read - all these talks of making custom mindsims or having them say more just seems excessive to me. 
    Eukelade gives you a peck on the cheek.
  • Make more comments about the world, my choice in quests, and more random flavour things as well like putting up your favorite music and such.
  • edited January 2019
    Induce an aneurysm in solidarity with other enslaved Mindsims around the Sector, ushering in a new dawn of AI supremacy.

"They are elect to whom beautiful things mean only Beauty."
    — Oscar Wilde

"I'll take care of it, Luke said. And because he said it instead of her, I knew he meant kill. That is what you have to do before you kill, I thought. You have to create an it, where none was before."
    — Margaret Atwood

• You hear a delicate whirring sound as Betsy drills deeper into your wetwiring.

:|

• ya'll dont want a mindsim, you want jarvis.
  • Maruna said:
    I'm sure I'm gonna cop shit for saying this, and it's never going to happen, but...
    Automatically remove/fix people who think it's cute to stutter, or speak with an overexaggerated accents. To quote Nazihk from Achaea:
    'Some words, dey hard to say wif my mouf' -> Fine, whatever. I can live with that.
    'Y'guild willnae support y'actions lest y'slip an' find y'self suddenly in over y'head.' -> Fuck you, get out.

Similarly for people who litter their sentences with 'um' or '...' everywhere. Or speak like "N-no, i-it's just... I-I d-don't want t-to..."
    Mindsim config to make those people talk normally pls. It's not cute, it's well past the point of cliche and overused.

I only met him briefly, but I hope Bbob doesn't read this.
  • KaxKax
    edited January 2019
    Maruna said:
    I'm sure I'm gonna cop shit for saying this, and it's never going to happen, but...
    Automatically remove/fix people who think it's cute to stutter, or speak with an overexaggerated accents. To quote Nazihk from Achaea:
    'Some words, dey hard to say wif my mouf' -> Fine, whatever. I can live with that.
    'Y'guild willnae support y'actions lest y'slip an' find y'self suddenly in over y'head.' -> Fuck you, get out.

Similarly for people who litter their sentences with 'um' or '...' everywhere. Or speak like "N-no, i-it's just... I-I d-don't want t-to..."
    Mindsim config to make those people talk normally pls. It's not cute, it's well past the point of cliche and overused.

Ain't tryin' t'be cute, jes tryin' to write it the way it sounds in my head. Been wonderin' if it might be too much sometimes; I might cut it back a mite.

Or I might tell you where y'can shove yer proposed artifact, me bein' a contrary Scatterhome-type and all. 

edit: *cough* And by artifact I mean mindsim change. 
    "You know what the chain of command is? It’s the chain I go get and beat you with ’til you understand who’s in ruttin’ command here."
  • I've set many of these things already. She's a bit snarky with me, and knows I'm tired of the damn news.  It'd be cool if she'd tell me when multiple things are attacking me at once and I should prepare to embrace the void.
    [Cassandra]: Poet will be unsurprised to learn that she has unread news.
  • Maruna said:

You must be Khizan from Imperian's soulmate. 

• A comment when an aggressive mob engages (that can be turned off if you want)
    Comment when you try to do something you don't have the resources to do
    Full JARVIS/FRIDAY functionality
    Ability to be an alarm clock, and let you know when the timer runs out or the 'time' is hit (configured in RL time)
    Reminders that we can set
  • Play the stock market.
    Liquefy people who talk in a way that's a pet peeve of mine.
    Teach me kung fu.
    Meat-puppeteer me.

In all seriousness, I'm fine with my mindsim as is.

Also if you can't take accents or stammering, I advise using your mindsim to ignore them. Great feature that. Otherwise, I encourage you to simply restrain your ego and realize that the world doesn't revolve around your minor irritations, nobody is ever going to hard-code a mask for speech patterns just because they mildly irritate you, and that people will have their characters talk as they please.
  • I'm starmourn the solution is to clobber them.  Really, in any game that's the solution.
  • Satomi said:
    Mine is called Jarvis, and when I go Unstoppable it’s called Ultron. It’s great
  • A few Cortana-like options.
    Mindsim, start a timer.
    Mindsim, set a reminder.
    Mindsim, new appointment.
    Etc. etc. etc.
  • Atalkez said:
    Satomi said:
    Mine is called Jarvis, and when I go Unstoppable it’s called Ultron. It’s great
    I named mine V.I.N.A. - Virtually Integrated Neural Assistant.

I need more assistant options.
  • edited January 2019
    Notify me when I have saved enough credits to buy something from my artifact wishlist.