Skip to content

Wikipedia - Balance (Metaphysics)

In constructed worlds, such as in video gaming, where nearly all-powerful corporate interests strive to maintain a balance of power among players, players tend to be extremely vocal about what they see as unbalanced mechanics, providing the unbalance negatively affects them. Though the strong and unbalanced (or "overpowered") players commonly are vigorous in denial of any lack of balance, the comparative media equality among all player brings change quickly, to further a sense of balance.

I'd actually just recommend reading the entire entry.

Why?

Because Leesa.

Comments

• *Sweat.*
  • Whatever the point is here, I'm missing it entirely...
    "You know what the chain of command is? It’s the chain I go get and beat you with ’til you understand who’s in ruttin’ command here."
  • Well I  wanted to hold off on the [sincerely the Commesphere]

• ICYMI 

pretty much related to the playerside.. 

And I say that with love, but really
    ?

You can't handle one skill that you HAD to RECIEVE on your way to LEARN all the SKILLS in YOUR ability list.

Because real life doesn't encounter personal growth and what is player base?
  • ...I'm even more confused now. 
    "You know what the chain of command is? It’s the chain I go get and beat you with ’til you understand who’s in ruttin’ command here."
  • Ganksters
    and
    Leesa
  • Ha! I'll definitely come back in few hours when I wake up to respond to that.
  • In the mean time CHECK MIRROR
  •  Aimed Forum Threads In 2019 
  • The only logical explanation I have for this thread is that the OP is a predictive text AI.

"They are elect to whom beautiful things mean only Beauty."
    — Oscar Wilde

"I'll take care of it, Luke said. And because he said it instead of her, I knew he meant kill. That is what you have to do before you kill, I thought. You have to create an it, where none was before."
    — Margaret Atwood

• Was drunk off my ass ahaha.

My point still stands though, reading through the Commesphere and seeing everyone piss and moan about the littlest things, makes me happy to read on other IRE forums, the same people doing that stuff saying they're quitting to come here. 

At the same time it's sad because I have high hopes for Starmourn but yall can't be making it easy for Tecton and the others. 

There are valid posts, including bugs etc. But a good 65%+ is just people wanting things twisted to their vision. 

Player base needs to chill out. Maybe that is on me and not them, but if I have the choice to be around a small group of people constantly, it's not going to be here now.

That's all I gotta say. Could be more word garbage to yall and maybe not to others. 

• I gather you've never spent time on World of Warcraft's forums.
  • You do realize that this is a BETA, correct? Part of the point of a beta is, in fact, to make sure that everything feels good and is balanced. You're SUPPOSED to complain about the things that bug you, not bite your tongue so that when the game releases proper things feel like garbage and it drives new players away.

The other part is bug fixing, which a good chunk of the "complaints" on the forums (like the one about junk value) end up being.

Appreciate what the devs do, they work really hard, but don't hold your tongue because you don't want to bother them: that's setting them up to fail.
  • Yeah that's my point. It's beta. Not the FULL game. Not all the classes. Not all the areas. Not max level. Even before open beta there was a huge sense of entitlement.

And I said that bugs were a huge chunck of it, as well as people just posting interesting discoveries, class insights, general frivolity  etc.

So not sure if you're agreeing with me or what. 

If you don't feel it applies to you, it doesn't.
    But take a moment to keep in mind there will be more to the game.

• Praefuro said:
    Yeah that's my point. It's beta. Not the FULL game. Not all the classes. Not all the areas. Not max level. Even before open beta there was a huge sense of entitlement.

And I said that bugs were a huge chunck of it, as well as people just posting interesting discoveries, class insights, general frivolity  etc.

So not sure if you're agreeing with me or what. 

If you don't feel it applies to you, it doesn't.
    But take a moment to keep in mind there will be more to the game.

It's not entitlement you dolt. Complaining is literally the point of beta, you are SUPPOSED to complain about shit so that the devs get a feeling of what the player base wants.
  • Eh, no... literally every definition of beta, open beta is for players to help find bugs, help polish mechanics.

Your mindset is exactly the type I am referring to. 

Anyways, what is World of Warcraft?

Okay, no more from me. Take care

• Praefuro said:
    Ganksters
    and
    Leesa
    Did someone call? 
    (Scatterhome): You say, "Do you like things up your ass? Is your record clean? Are you looking for a job in the near future but not right now? Smuggle drugs for Solus and get stuffed across the galaxy."