Skip to content

Scatterhome Call Comments

One of the biggest complaints in Scatterhome has been regarding the amount of news posts and the amount of discussion that happens on the FT channel.

Part of that is the discussion that surrounds calls. There are a few issues and I think they can all be addressed with a simple fix.

First the idea.

Add a Faction call (number) Comment (text) option so that people can comment on the call. This would work essentially the same as the classleads or envoy features in Achaea and Lusternia respectively.

Part of the problem is that at minimum, Calls will likely generate 2 news posts. Person that made the call posting about why they did that, and person that is the target of the call defending themselves, then additionally have people weighing in on it.

News posts are permanent whereas calls only last for a month, so the glut of posts for each call just seems unnecessary. The only alternative to this right now is live discussion which then anyone not around for the discussion misses out on the input of other faction members.

Comments

• I like the idea but if this is implimented there should not be automatic notifications when a comment is added to a call. People already complain about call notifications.
    I'm gone.
  • I've had FT off and only skim posts for a while now because of this.
    At least SH is a suitable place to chill and say "CBF reading that".