Skip to content

Gear drop rates...Where are all the PIECEs?

I usually have terrible luck in games with gear drops, so feel free to say "Oly, it's just your bad luck, pipe down," but I seem to get an ABUNDANCE of armor drops, which are often redundant, however rarely getting weapon drops. 

I'm now level 30, and still haven't seen a PIECE since 18 or 19. Any other Scoundrel having trouble keeping up on their PIECE?

Comments

• I think it depends on the area - I had the same issues as a Fury.

My theory is that different areas have different loot tables.

50 onwards I had great droprates for weapons.
  • Try being a BEAST with six weapons :(
  • Rylek said:
    Try being a BEAST with six weapons :(
    I imagine that's pretty tough between that and all the armor... at least as a scoundrel its a PIECE, knuckles, and a toolkit...

I guess my question is, do weapons have a lower drop rate? Anecdotally I'm getting tons of armor dupes, but the PIECE is always missing...
  • Yeah, my armor is usually pretty well up-to-date. I can usually get half or more then half upgraded before gaining a new level. Then usually what I didn't get upgraded the last level i can get upgraded in the current level or the next. So far I finally got a upgraded toolkit and knuckles. I have had better luck with knuckles, those I seem to always keep up-to-date, but my PIECE is still level 13 and I just hit 20. My knuckles does more damage then my gun does, not much more, which lets me know i'd be doing a lot better at the level 20 areas if I actually had an up-to-date PIECE. Scoundrels don't really use anything other then our PIECE. We do rapidfire -> crackshot -> fling. So our PIECE is like the most important thing we have.
    (Scatterhome): Cal says, "We're called Scatterhome after what everybody does at the end of the night when it's time for someone to pay the bar tab."
    (Scatterhome): You say, "Which by my calculations, it's your turn to pay."
    (Scatterhome): Brantar says, "That's what my calculations have come to."
    (Scatterhome): Paavo says, "My math adds up to that, yeah."
    (Scatterhome): Cal says, "Bastards."
  • I just went 33 levels without a shield because I accidentally scrapped the one before it.

I think so yeah though about the drop rates. I offer better rates on weapons for my shop because they are so rare.
    Dyslexic(Symbolic Dyslexia and Subtracting-Substitution Dyslexia according to a doctor I had at one point.) and have lost my glasses and lack the ability to pay for a new set.
    Thank you for understanding.
  • Tecton said:
    I'm going to increase the weapon chances a little more, since this is common issue we're seeing.
    Awesome, thanks!
  • That's awesome Tecton! Is there any issue with armor drops? I tend to get the same thing for drops and some pieces I never see. I had a level 50 torso piece all the way through level 63, only upgraded because a friend had an extra piece, still haven't seen one. Might just be bad luck though.
  • No, it's just that, if say, there's 8 things that can drop for your class, and 6 of them are armor, you're more than likely going to get armor :) Weapons are weighted slightly higher in most cases, but I think I need to bump that up a hair more.
  • I'll add there's no weighting based off your current gear, this is intentional, as we want players interacting and trading between each other, got a spare chest piece? Sell it to someone or trade it for something you need an upgrade for.
  • TyeTye
    edited December 2018
    On the OP: Hunted 200+ mobs after switching to Scoundrel and saw 0 weapon drops (so was therefore hunting with a level 1 PIECE the whole time. Was usually getting one kithblade per 100~125 mobs as Fury.
    On @Tecton's update: Could we get an UPDATE news post when the rate change happens please? Thanks!

ETA: I made this comment, then got a PIECE three mobs later.
    Eukelade gives you a peck on the cheek.
  • Hopefully I get such luck later when I’m on! 
  • I think a lot of the stuff is just RNG being fickle as always. I wore the level 1 waist item until level 17 or so and only got one or two kithblades in that same time, but I had a good spread of other equipment.
    "You know what the chain of command is? It’s the chain I go get and beat you with ’til you understand who’s in ruttin’ command here."
  • Kax said:
    I think a lot of the stuff is just RNG being fickle as always. I wore the level 1 waist item until level 17 or so and only got one or two kithblades in that same time, but I had a good spread of other equipment.
    Yeah, I feel as if I’ve gotten a decent spread of armor, but the PIECE in general has been tough since level 1. Unfortunately it’s the one item that I think makes a bit difference in a scoundrels ability to participate in different zones. 1-2 extra balances per mob can make or break a light-armor hunter it feels like. Looking forward to the tweaks Tecton has made. 
  • Swapped to fury recently at 15 and had issues finding good stuff. Grabbed the lvl 1 gear hoping for some drops while I experimented with the class. Took forever to find a new weapon. Last hour even. Did manage to find 3 feet armor pieces and 3 other slots in the hours spent grinding.

Weapons do feel the most impactful though so glad to see they got a drop rate boost. 
  • Is it me or did junk value tank in the last day or two?

Bashing from 20.33 to 20.66 in Oranc:

"You know what the chain of command is? It’s the chain I go get and beat you with ’til you understand who’s in ruttin’ command here."
  • I've been working my way through the 20s since yesterday and my junk hauls have more than doubled in that time.
    I'm gone.
  • I seem to be having the weirdest streak of RNG. All my armor pieces are close within my level range (19 and up for a level 23) except my headgear. That is still level 6. Keep thinking of buying one but I just know the moment I do I will get five headgears in a row from mobs O.o
  • I think Tec hit us with that weapon chance increase. Found three P.I.E.C.E.s today.
  • Level 23, still stabbing with a level 1 wristblade. I have a theory that some kind of forum fairies see complaints here and bless you with luck so that it drops soon after. Lemme know if you see your headpiece drop, @Minei

In the meantime, WRISTBLADE PLS!  o:)
  • We can't have wrist blades. Nothing but mini guns

• Netlauncher Netlauncher Netlauncher Netlauncher. With a side of railgun.

My railguns have been such big upgrades that bashing with hobble is the best option for me now though, so that's been fun. 
  • I wish it was a good option. I bloody hate that our best option by a lot is a frakking wrist dagger. I didn't pick beast to use a blade. That's what fury is for
  • You get to backhand, too, right?

"Shank and pimpslap" isn't really what I was imagining for BEAST, I have to admit.
  • Squeakums said:
    Level 23, still stabbing with a level 1 wristblade. I have a theory that some kind of forum fairies see complaints here and bless you with luck so that it drops soon after. Lemme know if you see your headpiece drop, @Minei

In the meantime, WRISTBLADE PLS!  o:)
    @Squeakums Finally got one slightly before hitting 25. Blessed be RNGsus. Seriously though I'd love a check to see what your worst armor piece is and a bigger chance of dropping that when it will drop an armor piece.
  • Got frustrated and bought a wristblade. Wristblade drops one hour later. Naturally.