Skip to content

Designing

So, I have entered the world of designing and I am excited! But I also have some inquiries, and perhaps some of the other people know the answers to them, or perhaps our Powers That Be do.

First: who is it who reviews designs? Is it a 'mortal reviewer'-type method, where it's other players? What guidelines do they have to follow?

I've had one person who got a design completely rejected at the loss of his 5000 for having a comma somewhere the person didn't like; that makes me leery of submitting anything, if I'm liable to lose quite a lot of marks over often-times subjective punctuation because someone was having a bad day or doesn't like my PC.

Second: what are the tokens that can be used to target characters?

Wear_first:  
Wear_third:  
Remove_first:
Remove_third:

That's in the designs for Fashion, and I would love to use them, but I don't know how! Plz halp.

Comments

• HELP WRITING STANDARDS covers some of this. 

Approval seems to be run by the administration and their volunteers, although they are still organizing their own policy.

Appearances cannot have commas. There is some debate about descriptor chains when a comma is optional but not required, and whether or not this is circumventing the no-comma rule. 

Clothing
    --------
       Worn_first        What you see when you put on this item.
                         E.g. "You step into a pristine jumpsuit and zip it up to
                         your neck."

Worn_third        What everyone else sees when you put it on.
                         E.g. "$+(caster$) steps into a pristine jumpsuit and zips
                         it up to $(his$) neck."

Removed_first     What you see when you remove this item.
                         E.g. "You unzip a pristine jumpsuit and step carefully out
                         of it."

Removed_third     What everyone else sees when you remove it.
                         E.g. "$+(caster$) unzips a pristine jumpsuit and steps
                         carefully out of it."

Note the formatting of variables (substitutes for names and pronouns) within the action messages: $(caster$), $(his$), 
    $(he$), $(him$)

To capitalize a variable, add + after the first $ -- $+(caster$), $+(his$), and so on.

It has been noted that the + is only needed at the start of a sentence, not in the middle even for Caster which should always be capitalized. 
  • You're a doll, Eshe! Thanks!