Skip to content

Which civilization do you find most appealing? (Now with all 3 options!)

edited August 2017 in The Commsphere
I figured we had polls for race and class, why not one for player civilizations? So, which one do you find most appealing and/or plan to play in?
Vote for Starmourn! Don't hurt Poffy.

Comments

• There's obviously some time between now and launch so I'm looking forward to the chance to see all three locations, and see how they match up with what I have in my head. (A non-permanent alpha weekend would be really nice to be able to see these places first-hand.) But really, this:

"The population lives in tunnels, artificial caverns, deep canyons, and, for those who can afford it, huge biodomes on the surface." 

I think this is the first time that I didn't need my character to be rich, I just want a nice cavern for her to live in. ;) But of course, the Ascendancy has a lot of fun locations as well and I haven't decided which one I'm going for at launch.
  • I will use my home on the floating city as a base while I try to save the planet below.
  • While some are busy saving planet, others have a war to win in order to ensure safety of new paradise
  • In the Ascendency I see the greatest potential to betray.
  • Ascendancy if I can work out a way to be from the prison. Maybe born and raised in it and very anti-Ascendancy. Or a prisoner from.... yes Scatterhome which would be my second choice if I can't figure out a good way to sabatoge from inside.
  • I don't really feel any particular appeal to any of the orgs. Maybe Scatterhome because it is home to a large number of Elgan, the race I intend to play.
  • The concept of Scatterhome appeals to me beyond anything else. But I've always been a fan of the gritty "duct tape and prayers" types.
  • I like the idea that Scatterhome is so popular. It could really mask sinister or traitorous actions.
  • I wish there was a way to change my answer because the longer I think about it, the more I lean toward the Ascendancy.
  • All the player nations have their draw, and I think I would enjoy being in any one of them.  I'll start in the Ascendancy, as there will be a Nath-el presence established for my character.

• Scatterhome! Cavern house ftw.
  • Are the races limited to the cities they can join?
  • Archer said:
    Are the races limited to the cities they can join?
    Any race can join any city.
  • I still have absolutely 0 ideas.
  • The Celestine Ascendancy has rather absurd wealth differences, which would likely drive my character insane, and Scatterhome seems like a dubious place to fly a lightly armed trade caravan through repeatedly, so Song it is.
  • edited September 2017
    Scathain said:
    The Celestine Ascendancy has rather absurd wealth differences, which would likely drive my character insane, and Scatterhome seems like a dubious place to fly a lightly armed trade caravan through repeatedly, so Song it is.
    Or you could hire some mercenaries to protect you. :D
    As T'rath has pierced the veil, so will I, and so will my life become complete in a good death.
    Jin
    VOTE FOR STARMOURN
    Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM
    teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
    GrootToday at 2:16 PM
      if there's no kittens in space
      I'm going on a rampage
    TectonToday at 2:17 PM
      They're called w'hoorn, Groot
      sets out a saucer of milk
  • Scathain said:
    The Celestine Ascendancy has rather absurd wealth differences, which would likely drive my character insane, and Scatterhome seems like a dubious place to fly a lightly armed trade caravan through repeatedly, so Song it is.
    That's what draws me to the Ascendancy, including the part where it would drive my character insane. ;)