Skip to content

Civilizations and Choices!

Comments

• Space janitor life is best life
  • Probably Scatterhome but it's not set in stone yet.
  • Decided Scatterhome for me, mainly because the Blood Ark is there, and there my Jin shall begin (hopefully).
    Ataniiq
  • Probably going Jin so probably going Scatterhome.
    As T'rath has pierced the veil, so will I, and so will my life become complete in a good death.
    Jin
    VOTE FOR STARMOURN
    Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM
    teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
    GrootToday at 2:16 PM
      if there's no kittens in space
      I'm going on a rampage
    TectonToday at 2:17 PM
      They're called w'hoorn, Groot
      sets out a saucer of milk
  • Scatterhome for sure. I want to sell my labor to weaselly corporations, leap from asteroid to asteroid, and do an astonishing variety of exotic drugs underneath the UV-bled protection of a climate-sealed dome.
  • I'm going to say Scatterhome as 3 of the 4 races I'm most interested in playing reside there. And for the 4th, I think I'd make Scatterhome their home as well, even slightly out of place.
    Vote for Starmourn! Don't hurt Poffy.
  • I will be a Ry'nari living among the asteroids of Scatterhome.

• As a Decheeran, I am drawn to Song City, and the possibility of making the planet liveable again. It will take time, but we are long lived and not afraid of toil.
  • Who wants to come to Scatterhome as a Decheeren and be Groot for my Elgan Scoundrel?
    I was planning on Jin, but...that DOES sound very appealing...I may take you up on this. Totally serious 
    As T'rath has pierced the veil, so will I, and so will my life become complete in a good death.
    Jin
    VOTE FOR STARMOURN
    Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM
    teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
    GrootToday at 2:16 PM
      if there's no kittens in space
      I'm going on a rampage
    TectonToday at 2:17 PM
      They're called w'hoorn, Groot
      sets out a saucer of milk
  • Scatterhome sounds cool as hell; I've always been a fan of the scrappy human outlaw types.
  • edited August 2017
    The Song Dominion sounds like an interesting civilization to start out in, and I'm rather interested in playing either a Jin (for their infinity to death and the radiation wastelands that have been visited by it) or Decheeren (for the promise of nurturing a dead world back to life).

Plus, the nanoseer class sounds awesome balls!
  • Sethysia said:
    The Song Dominion sounds like an interesting civilization to start out in, and I'm rather interested in playing either a Jin (for their infinity to death and the radiation wastelands that have been visited by it) or Decheeren (for the promise of nurturing a dead world back to life).

Plus, the nanoseer class sounds awesome balls!
    Jin is my second favorite race with first being w'hoorn

• Song seems to be the best, though I am pretty sure to visit scatter home often
  • Here is where it is hard for me, I think RP wise that a Jin or Human from the Prison would be a great character. Since it is a city unto itself in a way is it easy to come and go from or would I have to be an escapee. Either way it leads to some interesting choices.
  • Qitorien said:
    Who wants to come to Scatterhome as a Decheeren and be Groot for my Elgan Scoundrel?
    I was planning on Jin, but...that DOES sound very appealing...I may take you up on this. Totally serious 
    I was totally kidding but if it works out that way, it would be hilarious and fun
  • Scatterhome seems cool and all, and might be where I go for my second character should I ever have one, but Celestine Ascendancy all the way today!

The deeply flawed capitalism of the civilisation appeals to me, and it strikes me as an exciting society to climb up through the ranks in.
  • Hailfire said:
    Scatterhome seems cool and all, and might be where I go for my second character should I ever have one, but Celestine Ascendancy all the way today!

The deeply flawed capitalism of the civilisation appeals to me, and it strikes me as an exciting society to climb up through the ranks in.
    Even in my own poll I answered Scatterhome, because it -is- the most appealing to me. But if I keep the character concept I have now, I'll be starting off in the Ascendancy. And definitely starting near the bottom because that just sounds fun. All those really shitty areas to live? Fantastic. 
    Vote for Starmourn! Don't hurt Poffy.
  • Song will be rebuilt from the ashes.
    Song will be rebuilt from your ashes.
  • Pluralis said:
    Song will be rebuilt from the ashes.
    Song will be rebuilt from your ashes.

Like a Vampire Phoenix?
  • edited August 2017
    Qitorien said:
    Who wants to come to Scatterhome as a Decheeren and be Groot for my Elgan Scoundrel?
    I was totally kidding but if it works out that way, it would be hilarious and fun
    Decheeran, Elgan, Jin, Human and a Krona or Tukkav (maybe?) and you'll have the Guardians of the Starmourn Sector
    Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall set me free.

----
    Almost dead yesterday, maybe dead tomorrow, but alive, gloriously alive, today.
    ----
    I must not fear.
    Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear.
    I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
    And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

• Qitorien said:
    Decheeran, Elgan, Jin, Human and a Krona or Tukkav (maybe?) and you'll have the Guardians of the Starmourn Sector
    If someone plays a rocket  type character I would love them forever

• Who wants to come to Scatterhome as a Decheeren and be Groot for my Elgan Scoundrel?
    I am Groot
  • I'm a sucker for symbolism, and a name of 'Song' speaks volumes to me. I often play bards or wizards of some sort in Muds, and while there's not a class that represents that (not that you need a coded class to be a bard), the symbolism and history of this kingdom inspires the kind of concept I want to play.
  • I love the gritty space frontier of Scatterhome. But Song has been calling to me lately...it has such poignancy! But then again the Celestine Ascendancy is razor sharp and glittering...

I love them all. :)
  • edited September 2017
    Definitely Scatterhome, given Human. We'll see how I like it after a while, but I think it'd work well for a mercenary.
  • edited September 2017
    I'm not sure where I'll live, but the perfect race/career combination has to be a Jin homicide detective. The benefits are two-fold, being around endless death means he'd love his work and he'd be able to sense where death happened no matter which room he's in - making him super effective at what he does.

A no-brainer, really.
  • edited January 2018
    I’m planning on being a Decheeran Engineer that is actually from Scatterhome. The general idea is that Whittler’s Hollow drew me to the place. It provides a base of operations for me to tinker, grow, and bioengineer things. The light of the artificial sun is also of particular fascination to me. I’m virtually a “houseplant” that’s tending to the system and developing new tech. If I was to find a Grove of others with similar interests that would be great, however I am rather aloof, even by Decheeran standards, perfectly content to research and development. That is the backstory for Aterras.
  • I have no clue so I will probably do one character in each of the three spots, and then pick one to focus on once things get going.

You people are way to organized and ahead of the game! I don't even know which race I will play, yet.
  • I've decided I want to play a W'hoorn in Scatterhome, it's going to be interesting to say the least