Skip to content

Other space games

What other space games are you guys playing to whet your appetites for starmourn? I liked Elite: Dangerous for a while, and I dabbled in EVE but the extreme time cost for a minimum buy in to do anything in those two is a bit off-putting.

Comments

• Freelancer, naturally
  • edited April 2018
    Are you looking for strictly multiplayer?

Star Citizen is playable as Alpha, it's multiplayer and I think some 35$ to get access.
    Star Trek Online was pretty good when it came out, it's been out ages now so the graphics might be dated but the gameplay was pretty fun.  Doesn't have that hefty time investment like eve does. (I feel you there).
    Stellaris is an excellent space 4x game.  I've tried many space 4x games and stellaris takes the cake for me.

For single player; some good lighter ones are FTL and SPAZ (I liked the first one - Space Pirates and Zombies), there's also some EV Nova clones you could google up. I've been wanting to try VoidExpanse and Endless Sky

• edited April 2018
    Rebel Galaxy is good for satisfying any space western craving you might have.
  • I've played or am actively playing all of these so far :D Anyone try Helium Rain yet?