Skip to content

The start of the game.

edited February 2018 in Questions and Answers
What does the start of the game look like from an org and shop perspective?

My experience comes from Achaea, and my questions are around shops and org leadership.
  • Will the different orgs have a hierarchy of players like Achaea and will rules and such be decided on by a council/dictator/monarchy?
  • How are these leaders selected initially?
  • Is there a neutral city similar to Delos (No related player run orgs, just a bunch of shops and some npc stuff)?
  • How do you get a shop on Day 1?
  • Who manages shop ownership initially?
I loved owning a shop.

Thanks!

Comments

• Archer said:
    What does the start of the game look like from an org and shop perspective?

My experience comes from Achaea, and my questions are around shops and org leadership.
    • Will the different orgs have a hierarchy of players like Achaea and will rules and such be decided on by a council/dictator/monarchy?
    • How are these leaders selected initially?
    • Is there a neutral city similar to Delos (No related player run orgs, just a bunch of shops and some npc stuff)?
    • How do you get a shop on Day 1?
    • Who manages shop ownership initially?
    I loved owning a shop.

Thanks!
    1) Yes.
    2) Organically
    3) Not exactly like that.
    4) Shops work quite differently in Starmourn. 
  • You need to get better at titling your posts, had us all excited for a minute :frown:
  • Villanox said:
    You need to get better at titling your posts, had us all excited for a minute :frown:
    I think I nailed it then!
  • edited February 2018
    Villanox said:
    You need to get better at titling your posts, had us all excited for a minute :frown:
    Everytime I see aurelius on I keep waiting for that special post :( 
  • Sagex said:
    Villanox said:
    Everytime I see aurelius on I keep waiting for that special post :( 
    The name of this post got me too, lol.
    Tecton won’t leave us Discord peeps hanging! Aside: I wonder how many different ways I’ll get that Grand Notification..at least three, I’d wager.
    As T'rath has pierced the veil, so will I, and so will my life become complete in a good death.
    Jin
    VOTE FOR STARMOURN
    Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM
    teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
    GrootToday at 2:16 PM
      if there's no kittens in space
      I'm going on a rampage
    TectonToday at 2:17 PM
      They're called w'hoorn, Groot
      sets out a saucer of milk
  • I'm all set up with wuphf for the complete notification experience.

So excited!
  • Archer said:
    I'm all set up with wuphf for the complete notification experience.

So excited!
    Damn it. I was so busy being the hay festival king I forgot to set that up. Rectified.
  • By any chance could you guys extend the retire period? I don't wanna retire my Lusternian account before knowing the quality of the game.
  • Rolsand said:
    By any chance could you guys extend the retire period? I don't wanna retire my Lusternian account before knowing the quality of the game.

I believe they have mentioned somewhere that retirement credits won't work for Starmourn characters. I'm not sure, though.
  • They're on the fence about retirement credits right now

• edited March 2018
    Traveler said:
    What about a limit of retirement credits that can be spent? Like, being able to spend... 50? 100? credits initially, and then be able to spend the rest after 1 year. Just throwing that out there. I have no retirement credits, but I can understand how people who do would feel.
    Aurelius said:
    That's not a bad idea as a compromise actually. We'll consider it!

Think that was the last word on the subject?

• edited March 2018
    Last I recall was retirement credits will be allowed, just not on day 1, and when they are allowed then they would allow it for all characters (for a limited time) so you don't need to be concerned about investing credits from the start.

Maybe it was an "if they allow retirement". My mind falters.
  • I'm in the same boat @Aspie.  I am currently not paying for an IRE membership for Achaea or buying any additional credits because I don't know if I'll be able to retire them over or not.

I'm fine with that, of course, would just be nice to know for certain.
  • Same here.  I'll be waiting to pay for a membership until Starmourn comes out.
  • Traveler said:
    What about a limit of retirement credits that can be spent? Like, being able to spend... 50? 100? credits initially, and then be able to spend the rest after 1 year. Just throwing that out there. I have no retirement credits, but I can understand how people who do would feel.
    Aurelius said:
    That's not a bad idea as a compromise actually. We'll consider it!

Think that was the last word on the subject?

• To be clear, is the suggestion that I could start a toon up with some (50?) retirement credits, and then a year later port the rest of my retirement credits onto that toon (even though s/he'd be too old to normally be eligible)? Or something else?
  • That's the suggestion. There's been no word on a decision.

I recently spent my retirement creds on a new char in a different IRE mud.
    I now deposit around $20/week (whatever is left over from the coffee/lunch/snacks part of my weekly budget) into paypal, where it's easy for me to forget I have it.

The longer they delay release, the more I'll be able to spend, I guess.