Skip to content

Q+A Madness - January 2018

124»

Comments

• Antidas said:
    Aurelius said:
    Traveler said:
    What about a limit of retirement credits that can be spent? Like, being able to spend... 50? 100? credits initially, and then be able to spend the rest after 1 year. Just throwing that out there. I have no retirement credits, but I can understand how people who do would feel.
    That's not a bad idea as a compromise actually. We'll consider it!
    Another possibility that you guys may or may not like would be to allow retirement credits to be put towards skills only, rather than artifacts or the like. It would enable people to quickly get the skills necessary to fight or hunt or w/e it is they want to do, while still ensuring that people are on a mostly even playing field by not allowing retirement whales from buying every artie in existence on day 1.
    I feel that at day 1 lessons are potentially more powerful. 

Like having full access to everything immediately means you'll bash faster, potentially more effectively if there are xp bonus skills.
    You can grab a trade that works off drops and get ahead of the market while you're doing so, letting you potentially rake in the cash.
    PVP wise, you'd have access to all of the general stuff which classes are balanced around (combat stances come to mind) and others might not have yet.

While a retirement whale investing in high price artis (which there potentially won't be many of for a while) might be able to teleport to a high-level zone that they can't use?

I also kinda feel like having the credits there might make me hesitant to spend money. Like, I'll drop enough for what I can't do without but then I feel like I'd constantly be going "oh, retirement will be available at some point I'll just wait til then"

• This is a but late, but about when is this going to release? In the first quarter of 2018?
  • Skylr said:
    This is a but late, but about when is this going to release? In the first quarter of 2018?
    When it's ready. :)
  • Aurelius I admire you, we are like 9 months into when starmourn was first announced and you have said the same thing every time someone asked :P 
  • Sagex said:
    Aurelius I admire you, we are like 9 months into when starmourn was first announced and you have said the same thing every time someone asked :P 
    We're coming up on 2 years since it was announced! I did originally predict it'd be launched by Xmas 2017, but game development timelines are rarely correct up front as you don't know what the game is going to look like when you start unless it's a very simple game.
  • Aurelius said:
    Sagex said:
    Aurelius I admire you, we are like 9 months into when starmourn was first announced and you have said the same thing every time someone asked :P 
    We're coming up on 2 years since it was announced! I did originally predict it'd be launched by Xmas 2017, but game development timelines are rarely correct up front as you don't know what the game is going to look like when you start unless it's a very simple game.
    nine months.. 2 years.. details details
  • edited February 2018
    Well then...are you almost done because I need to decide if I should wait for release or put more time into Dragonrealms 😑
  • When we're done we'll announce it! :)
  • 1. What about quests? Will there be long and interesting quests that give sense of achievement when you complete them and tell a good story? How many quests per planet you aim for?

2. I really liked tutorial quest in Aetolia. Will there be something like that in Starmourn?

3. Will there be a main hub planet or tavern, that is supposed to be the place to come and meet others.
  • mindw0rk said:
    1. What about quests? Will there be long and interesting quests that give sense of achievement when you complete them and tell a good story? How many quests per planet you aim for?

2. I really liked tutorial quest in Aetolia. Will there be something like that in Starmourn?

3. Will there be a main hub planet or tavern, that is supposed to be the place to come and meet others.
    1 + 2 - Definitely, your intro storyline continues all the way through to max level too!
    3 - I imagine that players will find a common area to congregate on their various faction homeworlds!
This discussion has been closed.