Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Question on how will space flight work for blind players

Hello, I just signed up for these forums,
I was wondering how will space flight work for blind players. This means people who play with a screen reader how will they be able to see the   space map and such sense it is in asky characters will they be a screenreader mode, in place to filter out these kind of characters or would we    have to apply a filter in our clients our selvs to filter them out so we can get to the needed information that we need like stuff for space combat and sector scans and such. I being a blind player myself would love to know  and I have played some of the Ironrelms games in the past. I lookforward to the beta when that will be and I hope soon.
Thanks
Kevin Roberts

Comments

• QitorienQitorien Posts: 126Member ✭✭✭
    Hello, I just signed up for these forums,
    I was wondering how will space flight work for blind players. This means people who play with a screen reader how will they be able to see the   space map and such sense it is in asky characters will they be a screenreader mode, in place to filter out these kind of characters or would we    have to apply a filter in our clients our selvs to filter them out so we can get to the needed information that we need like stuff for space combat and sector scans and such. I being a blind player myself would love to know  and I have played some of the Ironrelms games in the past. I lookforward to the beta when that will be and I hope soon.
    Thanks
    Kevin Roberts
    Hello, Kevin! Unfortunately, I don't know the answer to your question, but I just wanted to say welcome to the community! :)
    As T'rath has pierced the veil, so will I, and so will my life become complete in a good death.
    Jin
    VOTE FOR STARMOURN

Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates

• AureliusAurelius Posts: 200Administrator Starmourn staff
    Yeah, you'll be able to just filter out the ascii stuff. It's definitely going to be harder to be a blind player in space though. No getting around that insofar as spacial representation is better done graphically vs. text. 

Everybody can execute a command that'll show them all entities (planets, ships, etc) in space, what rough direction and roughly how many rooms they are away, and their exact coordinates as well. It's thus definitely possible for a blind person to fly around in space, but as a sighted person it's unclear to me how much more difficult that will be. We have blind ship captains in Achaea, but Achaea's ships move a lot more slowly.