Skip to content

Do items decay?

I've played Achaea for a while now and love it. However, Items decay and disappear! Now I know these are mostly quest items but i've got the feeling way more stuff disappears than neccesary.

As somebody who loves collecting things it would be bunmer not being able to dump everything in my spaceship and tug it across the galaxy.

So can items be stored indefinitly or will they dissapear after a certain time?
The hype

🍆💦💦💦💦

Comments

• edited November 2017
    I’m not admin and I’m not sure how exactly they will respond but I do remember someone asking about making items permanent in another thread. I’ll try to find the thread and see if it had anything pertinent.

Item decay is super annoying, but also arguably an important part of a living economy. If gear (especially high end gear such as weapons/armor..) never decayed, it would probably create a large gap for gold sinks. (Interesting side thought: what if skillsets atrophied through disuse and needed to be used to bring them back up to full potential? Could be interesting).
    As T'rath has pierced the veil, so will I, and so will my life become complete in a good death.
    Jin
    VOTE FOR STARMOURN
    Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM
    teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
    GrootToday at 2:16 PM
      if there's no kittens in space
      I'm going on a rampage
    TectonToday at 2:17 PM
      They're called w'hoorn, Groot
      sets out a saucer of milk
  • We've changed a few things around with item decay and the like, but yes, items still decay with time. As @Qitorien commented above, keeping a viable economy is a big part of this. If you never had to replace your armour, anyone who took an armormaking skill would never have any repeat business.

Logging in to find all your stuff has decayed is a PITA though, so we're definitely trying to balance things to be a reasonably long decay time so that if you have exams or a big work project due, you're generally safe to log off for a few weeks and still have all your gear when you log in next (assuming it has sufficient lifespan to begin with)
  • Additionally, we'll have a welcome back package if you're gone for a long time, that should have some basic supplies to get you back on your feet.
  • That's good news. I don't know how many times I've come back to a naked Faeling in Lusternia. And most of the time not on purpose...
  • edited November 2017
    bairloch said:
    That's good news. I don't know how many times I've come back to a naked Faeling in Lusternia. And most of the time not on purpose...
    Where's my "lol" button? :(

As T'rath has pierced the veil, so will I, and so will my life become complete in a good death.
    Jin
    VOTE FOR STARMOURN
    Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM
    teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
    GrootToday at 2:16 PM
      if there's no kittens in space
      I'm going on a rampage
    TectonToday at 2:17 PM
      They're called w'hoorn, Groot
      sets out a saucer of milk
  • Okay its good to hear the decay rate will be slow. I guess I need to supress my urge to collect everything in sight haha. Thanks for the info.
    The hype

🍆💦💦💦💦

• jari said:
    Okay its good to hear the decay rate will be slow. I guess I need to supress my urge to collect everything in sight haha. Thanks for the info.
    Ultimately, our system can't handle players infinitely stockpiling whatever they want unfortunately. Eventually the sheer number of items in the game would start causing in-game lag.