Skip to content

What's your favorite player race, and why?

Comments

• I can't shake classic romanticism of Terrans in space, surrounded by a plethora of different, confusing races.. Though more study will definitely be a requirement before choosing. 

Human Pilot though? Thata my jam.
    Zhill says, "Drats."
    You say to Zhill, "Thanks anyways! I'm gonna go break more things!"
    Zhill tells you, "You show'em!"
    You joyfully tell Zhill, "I sure will!"
    You laughingly tell Zhill, "Or I'll die horribly! Ahahaha!"
  • edited August 2017
    The human male art for Maddox Khan looks an awful lot like a certain Star Lord .. loving it <3
    Ataniiq
  • My favorite is the Wh'oorn cause they look awesome have an interesting description and I just really like lions.
  • I like the Elgans and the Jin the most. Still not sure which one I'd actually play. I might just fall back to Human, though.
  • edited August 2017
    Amaian. First, holy brutal. Don't mess around with them, they will exterminate you. Second, trishows sound rad and the idea of crafting artistic stuff for a society that can simultaneously enjoy three shows is intriguing. Third, I'm polyamorous so polyamory as an established existing culture tickles me. 

I'm sorely tempted to make a human that has some weird ancient human culture interest, mostly horribly mangled through time. Maybe they are into music from the 90s but it's all like the worst one-hit wonders and they have most of the lyrics wrong because they only have access to misremembered covers. 

Edit - That said - I absolutely LOVE how much thought and detail went into describing the societies, history, and worlds of the various player races. It makes me hopeful for a dynamic RP environment that I've been missing in other IRE games for some time. 
  • The Ry'nari are my favorite, I like the idea of tribal space lizards, although I will say that the Nath-el really intrigue me, so I think it will be a hard decision between them.
  • TextWench said:

Edit - That said - I absolutely LOVE how much thought and detail went into describing the societies, history, and worlds of the various player races. It makes me hopeful for a dynamic RP environment that I've been missing in other IRE games for some time. 
    Agreed! So much lore to dig into! Very excited about this game.
  • edited August 2017
    Elgan, cheerful but grudge-holding high-tech traders ftw.
  • I'm really liking the Decheerans. Their architecture is neat, you get to be a Groot, and groves seem interesting.
    Though, the only thing that might change it could be class choices, if I can't find one that I like with them.
  • Sairys said:
    I'm really liking the Decheerans. Their architecture is neat, you get to be a Groot, and groves seem interesting.
    Though, the only thing that might change it could be class choices, if I can't find one that I like with them.
    I thought of Groot as well. ♡
    Ataniiq
  • Jericho said:
    Whoorn and Ry'nari. 

The lioness thing going on with the female art is really cool. As for the Ry'nari? 

Need I say more? 

Hahaha. No, you don't.
  • Sairys said:
    I'm really liking the Decheerans. Their architecture is neat, you get to be a Groot, and groves seem interesting.
    No worries there! Any race can be any class. We view them as completely different.
  • Aurelius said:
    Sairys said:
    No worries there! Any race can be any class. We view them as completely different.
    Oh, I meant one that I'd like to play as a Decheeran, I'm thinking maybe Nanoseer.

Like if I went Engineer, I couldn't help but choose an Elgan in the Ascendancy cause that combo would be thematically appealing.
  • Definitely the Ry'nari. Space Raptors! Technologically advanced space dinos building giant space stations! Also, I can definitely relate to how "they're prone to feeling like objects have spirits and personalities, even when they "know" better. This leads them to occasionally treat items they are angry at like enemies to be broken...leading to said things being broken."
  • Decheerans are my favorite, just like the general feel of them.
  • Jin for me.  So many similarities to Dark Elves I can't pass it up.  >:)
    Ataniiq
  • Humans, simply because I find all the others a little too strange for my tastes.
  • edited August 2017
    i like the Ry'nari cause they look like a dinosaur and that's cool and i also like the Tukkav cause i like their personality

There's too much blood in my caffeine system
  • I'm liking the Jin and the Decheerans, I'm leaning more towards the space ents....I've got a picture in mind of a kithblade wielding tree beard. But then there's the darkelf/sith-like, void wielding Jin in my mind too. Decisions decision.
    Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall set me free.

----
    Almost dead yesterday, maybe dead tomorrow, but alive, gloriously alive, today.
    ----
    I must not fear.
    Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear.
    I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
    And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

• Jin for me, all the way. I'm just waiting for the mad godking to decide "Yeah, I'm invading the starmourn sector to kill all those rebellion Jin" and start a Jin-pocalypse.
  • Satomi said:
    Jin for me, all the way. I'm just waiting for the mad godking to decide "Yeah, I'm invading the starmourn sector to kill all those rebellion Jin" and start a Jin-pocalypse.
    See you in the Scatterhome city Haven City? 
    Ataniiq
  • Satomi said:
    Jin for me, all the way. I'm just waiting for the mad godking to decide "Yeah, I'm invading the starmourn sector to kill all those rebellion Jin" and start a Jin-pocalypse.
    See you in the Scatterhome city Haven City? 
    Ataniiq
  • Elgan for me, it's the closest to my real personality. Also, I wanna play an Elgan B.E.A.S.T., the mental image is just too funny for me.
  • Definitely Elgan. Their culture sounds so adorable.
  • It was really hard for me to pick initially, Starmourn has been great so far in its races and cultures to include the best from all our favorite sci-fi books, series, and movies, giving a feel of familiarity, yet creating what so far reads as a unique atmosphere and experience to be had. That being said, I'm probably going for either Elgan (space Imps) or Ry'nari (space Jurassic Park) . It is a hard decision since all the other races are so awesome as well but I gotta choose one. Can't wait to see the rest of the classes, maybe I'll change my mind based on the race/class combo.

• edited August 2017
    The more I think of it, the more my character forms. I'm thinking an Elgan Scoundrel that's gotten a little too sauced up or strung out over the years and is nearly 100% there mentally, but not quite. The type of guy who likes to serve up lead (or plasma?) sandwiches from his PIECE so that, in his words quoting the old Elgan adage, "nobody goes to bed hungry on Krell." Probably a mix of Malcolm Reynolds and Badger from Firefly, and a little bit of Captain Boomerang from Suicide Squad.
  • The humans of course.  No, rather the Decheeran may be the making of my favorite player-race.  I was hoping to see a racial option resembling more the good old-fashioned greys. Doesn't really matter, I'm more than excited for the expo on Starmourn!
    Pedagogical rumors of rumors fuel the cosmos