Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

What other MUDS have you played?

13»

Comments

• IndiIndi Posts: 20Member
    I found Achaea in, I think, the start of 2000. Maybe the year before. I'd tried a few other muds but Achaea's community was really welcoming at the time and I played it fairly solidly until Aetolia began. 

I've since played all of the IRE muds, Aetolia the pmost and Lusternia the least.

These days I want to play but find family life doesn't leave me enough time to play as seriously as I always end up wanting to.
  • KurdockKurdock Posts: 6Member
    kay said:
    I've played a little bit of most the IRE games. But never very far on most of them. Lusternia I've played a lot of, though, and I've been playing a bit of Aetolia of late, just for something different.

For non-IRE games, few that are actual MUDs. I was one of the ones who played Lithmeria, and I've played some MUCKs or MUSHs. Not entirely sure on the difference there. But I've played ones based on tabletop games, where you create a character with stats and all, and after that it's more free-form, and you gain XP to level that character. Shadowrun: Denver, Shadows over Reno, and Dark Spires being the main ones of those.
    Hahaha yess Lithmeria that was pretty fun. So unfortunate that it was abandoned and is now dead.
    Qitorien
  • ReelocReeloc Posts: 2Member
    My first MUD experience was from Mikemia Online in 2010. Was a big fan of Raymond Feist's novels where the MUD was based from, and I just fell in love with the MUD itself, to the point that I became more attracted to the MUD than I was with the novels. Hehe.

When the MUD closed down, I didn't play any other until I gave Achaea a try in late November, 2017. So right now, I'm on Achaea, and it's been amazing so far.

Soon, I'll be on Starmourn and I can't wait. >:-)
  • kaykay Posts: 7Member
    Kurdock said:
    kay said:
    I've played a little bit of most the IRE games. But never very far on most of them. Lusternia I've played a lot of, though, and I've been playing a bit of Aetolia of late, just for something different.

For non-IRE games, few that are actual MUDs. I was one of the ones who played Lithmeria, and I've played some MUCKs or MUSHs. Not entirely sure on the difference there. But I've played ones based on tabletop games, where you create a character with stats and all, and after that it's more free-form, and you gain XP to level that character. Shadowrun: Denver, Shadows over Reno, and Dark Spires being the main ones of those.
    Hahaha yess Lithmeria that was pretty fun. So unfortunate that it was abandoned and is now dead.
    It was, yes. And could have been more so with a bit more work. And it had some things about it that I really liked. Such as the describing of individual body parts, in addition to an overall description, then having someone looking at you seeing any of the described parts not covered by clothes. So describe your fingers, but wear gloves? Finger description doesn't show up.
  • PollivarPollivar Posts: 54Member ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed the lore behind Hybrids in that game and how they had a real reason to be part of both organizations.
  • UachetUachet Posts: 1Member
    I've played with all of the IRE muds, along with Finnish muds Batmud, Zombiemud, and Icesus.
  • ZenthainZenthain Posts: 2Member
    Been playing MUDs since 1995 while in the seventh grade. I actually started in Avalon when it was strictly pay to play (which is probably the main reason I didn't stick around). Joined Cardea when a few people from Avalon decided to create their own MUD. Stayed with them until their V3 update basically went nowhere, at which point I was already pretty involved with Lusternia. Just recently called it quits there too and decided to give Imperian a try. It isn't too bad, though you can bet your butts my crazy ass is coming over here (playing by phone and all!) once the release is announced!
  • MaygonMaygon Posts: 9Member
    I've played all of the IRE at some point in my 10+ years of playing MUDS, nevered strayed away from them. Achaea as always been my first, and it seems to always draw me back. 
    Aurelius
  • AureliusAurelius Posts: 200Administrator Starmourn staff
    Uachet said:
    I've played with all of the IRE muds, along with Finnish muds Batmud, Zombiemud, and Icesus.
    The Finnish muds are where I got my started MUDing, a god awful long time ago.
    Maygon
  • KodiaxKodiax Posts: 6Member
    The one I played the most was Dragonrealms where I had a handful of characters over the years with one being a very HLC (it took years in DR to get high level).

I've fooled around on a bunch of others but lack of population always made me lose interest.