Skip to content

Nexus scripting

Hello, 

I know this is a bit premature (since the game isn't out yet...). But I've got a few nexus scripts I'm intending to convert to Starmourn as close to day one as possible, and provide to the public. Couple of questions though:

1: Will there be a "scripting" sub forum here?
2: When making nexus reflexes/reflex packages and exporting them, they are exported as .nxs files. The .nxs files are formatted all on one line, and have the return character "\n" in them. Now i can plop the file into VSCode or visual studio. and use regex to replace the actual occurrences of "\n" to print newline no problem... But i'm noticing other added characters that I'm not expecting to be there. For example, there is a backslash ("\") prior to every occurrence of double quotes (' " '). I've embedded an imgur link to a screenshot showing an example. Hopefully it actually works....

I can't just regex to find and replace all instances of this happening... because there may actually be times where i want the backslash to be present.... (although i could probably get pretty close, and then just spot check the rest....) I'm hoping to avoid that though.

My question is - Is there a way for me to export these reflex packages in standard JS format? I understand that I'm supposed to just write my scripts in nexus... or make my scripts in my editor of choice and copy it into the appropriate portion of nexus (execute script, function, etc...) But sometimes i catch downtime at my job, and would like to be able to edit scripts without having to have achaea open and running. (I'm assuming IT has the ability to see that I'm sending and receiving telnet packets... and don't want to raise any red flags.)

If there isn't any alternative here, i can just copy the contents of each of my "execute script"s and triggers and functions... Just hoped there was a more user friendly way to make this happen.

Comments

• link to imgur screenshot... embed didn't seem to work:

https://imgur.com/ZgxRp6y
  • Less scripting, more thinking!!! 
  • Cherno said:
    Hello, 

I know this is a bit premature (since the game isn't out yet...). But I've got a few nexus scripts I'm intending to convert to Starmourn as close to day one as possible, and provide to the public. Couple of questions though:

2: When making nexus reflexes/reflex packages and exporting them, they are exported as .nxs files. The .nxs files are formatted all on one line, and have the return character "\n" in them. Now i can plop the file into VSCode or visual studio. and use regex to replace the actual occurrences of "\n" to print newline no problem... But i'm noticing other added characters that I'm not expecting to be there. For example, there is a backslash ("\") prior to every occurrence of double quotes (' " '). I've embedded an imgur link to a screenshot showing an example. Hopefully it actually works....

I can't just regex to find and replace all instances of this happening... because there may actually be times where i want the backslash to be present.... (although i could probably get pretty close, and then just spot check the rest....) I'm hoping to avoid that though.

My question is - Is there a way for me to export these reflex packages in standard JS format? I understand that I'm supposed to just write my scripts in nexus... or make my scripts in my editor of choice and copy it into the appropriate portion of nexus (execute script, function, etc...) But sometimes i catch downtime at my job, and would like to be able to edit scripts without having to have achaea open and running. (I'm assuming IT has the ability to see that I'm sending and receiving telnet packets... and don't want to raise any red flags.)

If there isn't any alternative here, i can just copy the contents of each of my "execute script"s and triggers and functions... Just hoped there was a more user friendly way to make this happen.

1) There will be, so people can share and discuss scripts.
    2) In general, should be base JSON, most browsers block you from downloading .js(on) files now, so we renamed it to .nxs.
  • Tecton said:
    Cherno said:
    Hello, 

1) There will be, so people can share and discuss scripts.
    2) In general, should be base JSON, most browsers block you from downloading .js(on) files now, so we renamed it to .nxs.
    That was my problem! I was thinking it needed to be .JS. And was using JS linting and syntax checks.

Thank you for your help!