Skip to content

You Make the Mob, S01E06: Background

We need to provide our scholarly Amaian zhubeast wrangler with a background!

This is a collaborative effort to create an NPC who will be settled somewhere in Starmourn! See http://forums.starmourn.com/discussion/156/you-make-the-mob-s01e01-pilot for the original thread. Thus far we have a bookish Amaian scholar whose makes her living as a zhubeast wrangler. She enjoys taking things apart (which she is absolutely terrible at putting back together again, despite her insistence otherwise) and ancient earth memes. But of course she hates zhu meat.

After this we will be voting on a CATCH PHRASE so post your suggestions in the comments! Can be something totally original, or an homage to one of many throughout pop culture.
  • Make it so!
  • To infinity and beyond!
  • I'm good enough, smart enough, and doggone it, people like me!
  • Houston, we have a problem.
  • You. Shall. Not. Pass!
  • Go ahead, make my day.
  • You ARE the weakest link. Goodbye.
  • I know you are, but what am I?
  • Madness? No. This is Spartaaaaa!
  • Go, go, Gadget catchphrases!

Comments

• Whatzhu ( talkin' about / up to / doin' ), $who?

"They are elect to whom beautiful things mean only Beauty."
    — Oscar Wilde

"I'll take care of it, Luke said. And because he said it instead of her, I knew he meant kill. That is what you have to do before you kill, I thought. You have to create an it, where none was before."
    — Margaret Atwood

• Image result for cheezburger

...I'm so sorry.
  • "Holy (whatever) Batman!" 
    "It's a trap!"
    "Don't Panic!"
  • Cherno said:
    "Holy (whatever) Batman!" 
    "It's a trap!"
    "Don't Panic!"
    Amaians have various fish-like characteristics and are well adapted for an amphibious lifestyle.
    Oryx said:
    She enjoys taking things apart (which she is absolutely terrible at putting back together again, despite her insistence otherwise) and ancient earth memes.
    Winner, or racist?
  • If she loves memes she probably does quote them. 

"What if I told you..."
  • Malash said:
    Cherno said:
    "Holy (whatever) Batman!" 
    "It's a trap!"
    "Don't Panic!"
    Amaians have various fish-like characteristics and are well adapted for an amphibious lifestyle.
    Oryx said:
    She enjoys taking things apart (which she is absolutely terrible at putting back together again, despite her insistence otherwise) and ancient earth memes.
    Winner, or racist?
    I thought it was clever  ;)

But racist. Definitely racists lol
  • edited May 2018
    Aaaand the winner makes more work for me. :D

a farm on a planet with constant storm systems frequently spawning tornadoes 0% 0 votes
    a deep-space freighter w/ a mostly human crew (explaining knowledge of Earth memes) 30% 6 votes
    a space-convent 15% 3 votes
    a small city that was destroyed by a series of pirate attacks 0% 0 votes
    exactly where she is now (never left) 10% 2 votes
    no known origin: she suffers from amnesia and other frequent memory lapses. 0% 0 votes
    no known origin: she's incredibly secretive about her past and invents a different, greatly detailed origin story each time she's asked. 45% 9 votes

We didn't get much in the way of suggestions for a catch phrase, plus we do actually need something original - or, if it's an homage, noticeably modified from the original - so I'm going to cancel voting on that particular aspect! The next thread will deal with aspects of the character that you all can try your hand at writing, if you so desire.... http://forums.starmourn.com/discussion/188/you-make-the-mob-s01e07-creative-writing/
This discussion has been closed.