Skip to content

Release

edited November 2017 in The Commsphere
Late 2017 is winding down. Early 2018 is just around the corner.

Is anything more specific than that happening? Honesty helps. "Later" is cool, if it's an open and honest later.

Comments

• edited November 2017
    From a recent reddit post:

[–] lolasaurusrex1234 1 point 2 days ago 

Any ETA on when this is coming out?

I can't tell you how unfathomably excited I am for this game to come out.

[–]ironrealms-ceoIron Realms[S] 1 point 1 day ago 

Only answer I have is when it's ready I'm afraid!

• Why was the arbitrary year and season given initially, then? I'm not trying to be combative, but that answer is a given. Of course it'll be done when it's done. But Iron Realms was the one to come up with Summer 2017 initially, as a launch time, only to miss it and now say "it'll be ready when it's ready." So....2025? 2105? Usually you start out with more unknowns, and as things progress and near the end, you're able to be more specific; it seems the opposite has happened here.

Maybe there are considerations I'm unaware of, but if I were running the project, I'd share the outline of the work (milestones, perhaps?) and maybe a bit about each, then post it for the community to see the overall progress. We all know nothing goes to plan and there are always setbacks, but open-ended waiting with no ETA after an initial launch time that is months past makes me feel like there are larger problems/issues causing the delays.

Hopefully the feedback isn't too direct, but I mean well? :)
  • Draos said:
    Why was the arbitrary year and season given initially, then? I'm not trying to be combative, but that answer is a given. Of course it'll be done when it's done. But Iron Realms was the one to come up with Summer 2017 initially, as a launch time, only to miss it and now say "it'll be ready when it's ready." So....2025? 2105? Usually you start out with more unknowns, and as things progress and near the end, you're able to be more specific; it seems the opposite has happened here.

Maybe there are considerations I'm unaware of, but if I were running the project, I'd share the outline of the work (milestones, perhaps?) and maybe a bit about each, then post it for the community to see the overall progress. We all know nothing goes to plan and there are always setbacks, but open-ended waiting with no ETA after an initial launch time that is months past makes me feel like there are larger problems/issues causing the delays.

Hopefully the feedback isn't too direct, but I mean well? :)
    I can’t speak for the admin of course, but Summer 2017 was discarded quite a while ago, like, months before it, I believe. At one point (don’t know if this is still accurate), admin suggested that it would likely be first quarter of 2018. The website has been saying 2018 for a while now, iirc.
    I know that’s not super specific, and I’m disappointed that the game hasn’t launched yet too, but it IS F2P and I’d rather see it sooner than later. More than anything though I prefer it to be playable at release. ;)

All that that being said, perhaps the admin can weigh in with how progress is going. :awesome:
    As T'rath has pierced the veil, so will I, and so will my life become complete in a good death.
    Jin
    VOTE FOR STARMOURN
    Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM
    teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
    GrootToday at 2:16 PM
      if there's no kittens in space
      I'm going on a rampage
    TectonToday at 2:17 PM
      They're called w'hoorn, Groot
      sets out a saucer of milk
  • Do we have anything more definitive yet than "when it's done"

It's okay if not. :)
  • I believe some of the predictions were Q3-4 of 2018. There was something awhile back about summer 2018 but the devs then said maybe maybe not they are unsure if they will make summer
  • Those moments when you wish you could retire a char with less than 1k credits because ugh, you know you'll never play them again anyway.